FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 623680 times)

ErnyeJSES

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #1050 on: Apr 20, 2012, 06:29 PM »
Here's a couple salmon river killers, nothing special just consistent producers. I might make one more trip up for some swinging and then hang up the steelhead gear for the summer. Time to break out the single handers

joshjj2010

« Reply #1051 on: Apr 23, 2012, 01:37 AM »
Is anyone else getting dry flys to work for them

joshjj2010

« Reply #1052 on: Apr 23, 2012, 01:39 AM »
? When i use a strike indicator it seems that i dont get as many takes as when i wouldnt use one. Is it possible that it scairs the fish

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #1053 on: Apr 23, 2012, 05:36 AM »
? When i use a strike indicator it seems that i dont get as many takes as when i wouldnt use one. Is it possible that it scairs the fish

YES and NO...... Confusing ehhh?  I jave seen a strike indicator spook fish on several ocasions... But i also tie a fly that lookes like a strike indicator (and works as one) because a few years back i had fish hammering the strike indicator... so go figure
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

seasnapper

« Reply #1054 on: Apr 23, 2012, 07:53 AM »
the foam palsa stick ons must look like a beetle because not only stockees but wild fish hit them too here in southern Vermont

oatkasut

« Reply #1055 on: Apr 23, 2012, 02:22 PM »
I love using  a tandem rig with a 12 or 14 Rapidan as the dry fly indicator with 18 inches of tippet off the hook containing a nymph, usuallya gold BH hare's ear or a pheasent tail BH size 14 or 16. Usually get hits on both. Lots of FUN!Try it you'll like it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1056 on: Apr 23, 2012, 02:38 PM »
I've been playing around with the "Hoppercator". It's a Mikey Wier fly.

The Mono loops tied to the hook shank serve to attach the fly/indicator to the leader. Make a loop to loop connection at the front loop and then feed the tag end of the leader through the back loop. It's adjustable and casts in line with the leader.

These have worked flawlessly so far. Wier uses a tandum fly rig behind with 1 weighted fly as the "anchor" to get the other to the proper depth. I have only used them with a single fly so far.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

joshjj2010

« Reply #1057 on: Apr 23, 2012, 04:54 PM »
Thanks guy. Ive used the hopper techniqe. I am gonna try it again and ill let uk how i do. Guys

KingPerch

« Reply #1058 on: Apr 23, 2012, 04:55 PM »

The Mono loops tied to the hook shank serve to attach the fly/indicator to the leader. Make a loop to loop connection at the front loop and then feed the tag end of the leader through the back loop. It's adjustable and casts in line with the leader.

These have worked flawlessly so far. Wier uses a tandum fly rig behind with 1 weighted fly as the "anchor" to get the other to the proper depth. I have only used them with a single fly so far.

RG
Very nice Bob!!! ;)--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

oatkasut

« Reply #1059 on: Apr 23, 2012, 05:18 PM »
I like that hopper idea, Rg. I've tried a hopper in summer and to my surprise caught some wild browns! NICE!

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #1060 on: Apr 27, 2012, 03:34 PM »

RG
Very nice Bob!!! :bowdown: :thumbup_smilie:
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1061 on: Apr 27, 2012, 04:30 PM »
You need to tie some of those for the pond Josh. Trail a hare's ear or something behind.

When I come up for bass we'll tie some.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

joshjj2010

« Reply #1062 on: Apr 28, 2012, 03:31 AM »
I need to get some foam so i can tye a few of them bad girls

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #1063 on: Apr 28, 2012, 07:52 AM »
Here, carpy, carpy, carpy......

Sorry, out of focus.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1064 on: Apr 28, 2012, 02:30 PM »
Yeah Baby :w00t: :w00t:

I got my first 2 last weekend. 1 on a San Juan worm and one on a large bead head sulfur. The streams are so swollen from the rains that I doubt I'll be back on them until next weekend. Guess I'll have to break out the "Crappie Candy" ;D

RG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.