FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Launch Ramp Idiots  (Read 13081 times)

fire314

Re: Launch Ramp Idiots
« Reply #45 on: Mar 18, 2008, 05:47 PM »
I used to work at a local boat launch i have seen it all. one nice day in spring a guy went storming out with his big I/O on the lake just to return shortly after screaming his boat was sinking.  He stopped the engine and pumped out his boat at the shore.  He did this about 3 times before he realized that the winterizing plugs on the I/O were still out. Every time he started the engine he was pumping hundreds of gallons of water in the boat. this is the same guy that fell out of a treestand with no safety harness two broken ankles later.  Too bad the darwin awards dont apply?

Ice Dawg

« Reply #46 on: Mar 19, 2008, 09:46 AM »
I used to work at a local boat launch i have seen it all. one nice day in spring a guy went storming out with his big I/O on the lake just to return shortly after screaming his boat was sinking.  He stopped the engine and pumped out his boat at the shore.  He did this about 3 times before he realized that the winterizing plugs on the I/O were still out. Every time he started the engine he was pumping hundreds of gallons of water in the boat. this is the same guy that fell out of a treestand with no safety harness two broken ankles later.  Too bad the darwin awards dont apply?

A definite candidate for a "HERE'S YOUR SIGN" award though.  :whistling:
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

fishdaddy

• always fishing
« Reply #47 on: Mar 19, 2008, 10:06 AM »
 :laugh: I don't know if you would call this guy an Idiot or smart but a couple of years back my friend Yanko was launching his bowrider and his wife was going for a ride with him that day. Well he gets the boat in the water ok but as his wife is stepping from the dock to the boat he puts the motor in reverse and starts backing away while the wife is stepping, now she has a big tupperware plate of apple streudal in her hands held above her head. Yanko reaches out quick and grabs the streudal, leaves the boat in reverse and lets the wife drop into the brown ramp water up to her neck.lol :laugh: :laugh: He ended up with the lunch and a wet wife that day. we laughed and told the story at work for months. :laugh:
<(((((-< 

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #48 on: Mar 19, 2008, 04:26 PM »
my dad used to reserve the campsite on the sacandaga across from the launch. he had funny stories every day! i watched a guy back his boat and truck right into the lake, with his wife in the boat, still stapped to the trailer. :D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #49 on: Mar 19, 2008, 05:09 PM »
yup there are some people that you meet up with at boat ramps that probally shouldn't be boating let alone driving

JS

« Reply #50 on: Mar 20, 2008, 09:34 AM »
 after an evening of boating i was pulling upto the ramp and preparing my boat for loading. so i am onshore positioning the boat for the trailer and the bowrope slipps off the cleat and my craft drifted about 50yards off shore. now the water here at the ramp is shallow weedy and stinks, it was mid August so the heat made it nastier. I really did'nt wanna take a dip there and become Leech dinner, thankfuly there were a few guys fishing off the ramp and one of 'em is kind enough to make a sweet cast and hook my boat and reel it into shore, pretty funny i think.

Drifter_016

« Reply #51 on: Mar 20, 2008, 02:55 PM »
I take pride in  launching my boat fast as possible. And when I take people along that don't know the routine, oh man, do I get upset. This should be an olympic sport...or at least broadcasted on ESPN.
SPEED LAUNCHING: Who can put it in and pull it out the fastest?? (ha ha ha, no pun intended!)

I hear ya. When I was living in Toronto my buddy and I were able to launch in and load in under a minute.

Mooter

• Tight lines and Throbbing Rods
« Reply #52 on: Mar 20, 2008, 03:16 PM »

I hear ya. When I was living in Toronto my buddy and I were able to launch in and load in under a minute.

So there are other people out there that like to show their pride in a fast launch.  My ole man and I are pretty fast.  Anyone want to race  :rotflol: :rotflol:

I'm a success oriented fishermen.

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #53 on: Mar 20, 2008, 03:23 PM »
I'd say most of the ramp idiots are also the guys you want to sink a treble hook into as they make a pass by you at full throttle within 30yards when your just sittin there fishing.

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #54 on: Mar 20, 2008, 03:37 PM »
I'd say most of the ramp idiots are also the guys you want to sink a treble hook into as they make a pass by you at full throttle within 30yards when your just sittin there fishing.
yup I try to stay away form the big pleasure lakes during the summer now becasue there are a lot of idiots out there that just don't care and will blow by you  >:( >:( >:(

dukhnter8

« Reply #55 on: Mar 21, 2008, 06:23 AM »
At times those idoits that blow by you get their dues. 

I was at a local spot and was setting my boat up to launch (out of the ramp lane) and a younger kid comes up with his boat and I tell him go ahead, I'll be a few minutes. All the time I'm hoping he's not a launch ramp idoit. Well he gets his boat in fast and goes and parks. Then a bunch of his friends show up, he's got a ski type boat. So they all pile in and he has to show off when leaving, I had just started backing down the ramp and saw him throttle up so I stop before I get hit with his wake. Well there was a guy with his family that had just tied up to the dock after fishing. They were taking out their gear and this kid guns it out of the launch and just about dumps this guy in the water. Just at the time this kid does this the county sheriff drives up to the launch, they have a boat docked down the road. So they drop one guy off and the other guy flys down the road to their boat.  We launch and go out fishing not too far from the launch and next thing we know here comes the sheriff behind this guy. They both dock and proceed to, I assume, discuss what he did wrong.

So karma, at times, gets even.

Ice Dawg

« Reply #56 on: Mar 22, 2008, 02:59 PM »
One thing to be said for boat launches. The entertainment is great but the drinks are lousy.  :D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Muddragon

« Reply #57 on: Mar 22, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Guilty as charged. Me and the old man were goin out for an afternoon of perchin with the new puppy.  We get to the launch and since the puppy cant launch the boat she stays in the running truck with the AC on full blast.  I thought I could avoid the obvious by rolling down the windows and leaving the doors unlocked.  No such luck, after getting the boat launched i returned to the truck to find not only the doors locked but windows rolled up as well. So here we are father and son locked outside with the puppy inside, no cell phones, miles from home, and a line of boaters waiting to launch.  Luckily after about 10min we got the puppy to unlock the doors by teasing her with spinnerbaits and getting her to jump on the lock/unlock button. 
Set The Steel!!!!!!!!!!

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #58 on: Mar 22, 2008, 10:58 PM »
Nice story mudragon. Just goes to show muphy's law.

Drifter_016

« Reply #59 on: Mar 23, 2008, 10:08 AM »
Guilty as charged. Me and the old man were goin out for an afternoon of perchin with the new puppy.  We get to the launch and since the puppy cant launch the boat she stays in the running truck with the AC on full blast.  I thought I could avoid the obvious by rolling down the windows and leaving the doors unlocked.  No such luck, after getting the boat launched i returned to the truck to find not only the doors locked but windows rolled up as well. So here we are father and son locked outside with the puppy inside, no cell phones, miles from home, and a line of boaters waiting to launch.  Luckily after about 10min we got the puppy to unlock the doors by teasing her with spinnerbaits and getting her to jump on the lock/unlock button. 

Gotta luv the pups!!!   :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :rotflol:
I have a new pup as well.................. Note to self........don't leave keys in truck with dog!!!  :blink:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.