MyFishFinder By Species > Bluegill

Spawning Bluegills

(1/1)

The Rocket:
I've read a lot that spawning Blugills bite the best the day after and the day before the first full moon of the spawn.  there are 2 diferent full moon phases this spring. One in a few days
and one on May 4th. Will the full moon on the 4th be by best bet. I plan to be in Missouri
so I will be in Bluegill country. Thanks

crappieman12887:

--- Quote from: slipbob on Apr 08, 2004, 04:20 PM ---If you can check out infisherman.com now they have an article on how to catch spawning gills.  It's very informative on water temps and tactics for spawning gills.  I would say the moon phase means nothing with gills.  When they spawn they strike out of aggression to protect the nest and weather or moon phases are unimportant at the spawn especially if they are guarding a nest.  Good luck!

--- End quote ---
i agree with you bob ,blues can really be aggressive when there guarding there nest.,the only thing i see that effects them is if there is a sudden water temp.change during this time of year,but you never know the moon place a big part in alot of thing. one thing i know that hurts the fishing for sure is pressures ,high pressures suck ,lows are good.bill

bigdave1018:
great info, crappieman and slipbob, very good facts. rocket, have an awesome time gilling and keep up the informative posting guys thanks again  ;) ;) ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version