MyFishFinder By Species > Bluegill

Eating Sunnies

(1/4) > >>

Spikehorn11:
Do sun fish taste different that Bule gills?

I usually throw back all sunfish because i heard they don't taste as good as blue gills.

sbfpa_Mike:
Hmmmm, well, I personally can't imagine they taste too much different. I love to eat em all. Guess there may be some difference, but it isn't too big a deal for me.

Mike

fireplug:
Seems that every time I catch 'gills, I also catch other sunnies.  Haven't noticed any difference in taste, as they all go into the batter, and then the fryer.

mmmmm.... Now, I am getting hungry.   :laugh: :laugh:

Skipper:
I have noticed that Pumpkin Seed sunfish tend to be a bit sweeter, but all sunfish are delectable! ;)

Rock Bass don't taste very good, but I don't think they are considered sunfish. ???

WindKnots:
There isn't a difference far as I can tell.  Meat looks and feels the same.  I am HOPING!! to catch a load of bluegills this weekend, my kids devour them when I fillet and pan fry them.

Nothing special, just egg, italian bread crumbs a little grated romano/parmesean cheese and some good extra virgin olive oil- oh and a hot frypan.

Its delicious.  Just delicious. 

I have heard that rock bass are related to sunfish and the book I have says they are a very "tasty" fish.  Never had one, but would assume the colder the water the better.  Had a bass, didn't like it, and I understand they are sunfish related as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version