MyFishFinder By Species > Bluegill

BULLS

<< < (15/15)

bigdave1018:
just got back from black lake and weds 5/4, i had a great gill catching day. i caught at least 150 between 5- 9 inches. i used anything with spikes under a pencil bobber. i found a rat lodge and its winter food pile and the gills were using it for a pre spawn rest area lol. awesome action for over 3 hrs and some tasty fillets to. the gills were on bottom and shallow. a 1/64th purple tinsel jig was my best offering tipped with spikes and a plain 1/80th jighead worked well also. tight lines.

OTIS:
What's the best time of day for gills?  We tried a new pond and got a lot of nice gills, it was 1-2 pm.  We let them all go, but the more I read the more I think I'd like to go back and get some for a meal.

TroutFishingBear:

--- Quote from: OTIS on Jun 28, 2005, 09:54 AM ---What's the best time of day for gills?  We tried a new pond and got a lot of nice gills, it was 1-2 pm.  We let them all go, but the more I read the more I think I'd like to go back and get some for a meal.

--- End quote ---
IMO the best time of the day for gills is lowlight periods right before the sun sets. They are really nailing insects then and just the other day we were hammering monsters on cricket flies!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version