FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: THE JITTERBUG  (Read 29247 times)

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
Re: THE JITTERBUG
« Reply #15 on: Aug 20, 2013, 11:47 PM »
I have never tried a jitterbug before, but we don't have very many bass lakes at all to try them on.

The night fishing sounds like fun and I can see how the black one would work well, as a  silhouette against the sky.
I bet it would be a good time to fish it on or near a full moon at night.

I may have to get one some time and try them for some night walleye, pike or rainbow trout and see what happens. ;)
The jointed model sounds interesting. ;D

WW

chez

« Reply #16 on: Sep 13, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Great pictures .Great to see you out with your son.My 2 boys were with me since they are 4 yo.Doing everything out doors from fishing to hunting to picking mushrooms and berries.They are older now.21 and 16.The 16 yo hangs with me a bit but the older one only on occasions.ENJOY THEM WHILE THEY ARE YOUNG.

Red and white and Black jointed JITTERBUGS. My favorite also.I have caught walleyes on the Black ones MANY A NITE.STAY FISHIN AND KEEP YOUR BOY WITH YOU ON AS MANY TRIPS AS YOU CAN.

stripernut

« Reply #17 on: Sep 13, 2013, 04:31 PM »
Water Wolf, a tip, darker the night the better... Most of the time I go home if the moon comes up.

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #18 on: Sep 13, 2013, 11:33 PM »
Water Wolf, a tip, darker the night the better... Most of the time I go home if the moon comes up.
WHen the moon is up, I always look for the darker banks to fish.
Also the jitterbug doesn't work too well with wind, a little bit of wind is ok, but the more chop on the surface is bad for jitterbug'n.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

fishfighter

• The one that got away is always bigger!
« Reply #19 on: Sep 17, 2013, 08:08 AM »
The jitterbug is my favorite go to lure in the late evening.  I've caught just about every kind of fish on it, also caught a seagull and a heron on it.  Safety tip - the seagull was very docile when I brought him in, the heron was a different story- I'd suggest a Kevlar helmet and welding gloves before you attempt to unhook one of them.  He was out of control trying to stab every part of me with his beak before I got control of him.

vogel451

« Reply #20 on: Oct 13, 2013, 07:46 AM »
Ive caught Pickeral and Bass on Jitterbugs.
-Mclovin out

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #21 on: Oct 16, 2013, 11:10 PM »

Interesting, thanks for the tip stripernut. :)

WW

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #22 on: Oct 17, 2013, 12:46 AM »
I finally broke down and got a jitterbug....I got a lot of hits but no takes....then again nothing was really biting on anything that night

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.