FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 514925 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1575 on: Aug 13, 2017, 02:18 PM »
I heard you guys ate both Jars in one sitting lol  :o Oneida works great for me as it's only 10 mins from my house lol. I say we shoot for early October, perch should be starting to school up by then and there's always a few Eyes around. Plenty of places to stay the night on the lake as well. 

I'm in!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1576 on: Aug 13, 2017, 05:59 PM »

I'll make sure I get a few scouting trips in and try too put us on the fish. should be able to manage a few nice meals.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1577 on: Aug 13, 2017, 08:50 PM »
Well, there's got to be one in every crowd, and nothing's ever easy. I am booked in Maine the first week of October, and the second weekend is my bride's birthday.  I stink!  :-[
Late September?  ::)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

drowndin dots

« Reply #1578 on: Aug 13, 2017, 09:23 PM »
Well, there's got to be one in every crowd, and nothing's ever easy. I am booked in Maine the first week of October, and the second weekend is my bride's birthday.  I stink!  :-[
Late September?  ::)
Sure, Let us know a date that works. I can look up local camp site's, or you can pitch a tent in my back yard.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1579 on: Aug 13, 2017, 10:03 PM »
Anything outside of Sept 30 thru Oct 8 and I'm in.   :)
If we go too much later we're killing ducks and deer and things.   ;D
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1580 on: Aug 17, 2017, 04:26 PM »
WELL.....WHERE ARE WE AT?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

« Reply #1581 on: Aug 17, 2017, 06:46 PM »

I vote for Oct. 14'th, though I'm OK with 23 Sept. I feel the fishing will be better in Oct. But It's all about the pickles for me  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1582 on: Aug 17, 2017, 06:49 PM »
No sweat for pickles.......there's 40 jars in the stash.

I'm good for either set of dates.
Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1583 on: Aug 17, 2017, 10:42 PM »
I'd like Sept. 23rd mainly because the 14th is the first weekend of duck season in the Champlain Zone. After that weekend we can't hunt them again until Nov. 7th.  But if enough others prefer the 14th I'll fish and eat pickles!   ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1584 on: Aug 18, 2017, 09:48 AM »
Sampled batch number 3 last evening with my Son.

Good Housekeeping Seal Of Approval!

Rg

zwiggles

« Reply #1585 on: Aug 18, 2017, 02:08 PM »
Anyone have a recommendation for combatting tomato horn worms? They did a number in my tomatoes this week.

I read you should leave the ones with the white eggs/shoots completely nf out of them as they are a type of wasp that eats the worms. Anyone heard of this before or have other recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1586 on: Aug 18, 2017, 02:34 PM »
Anyone have a recommendation for combatting tomato horn worms? They did a number in my tomatoes this week.

I read you should leave the ones with the white eggs/shoots completely nf out of them as they are a type of wasp that eats the worms. Anyone heard of this before or have other recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Diligence. Pick them and kill them every day, even twice a day. Tomato horn-worms are the pupa of the hummingbird moth. They lay the eggs in early summer and the larvae hatch and mutate into the horn-worms in 3-4 weeks and keep the cycle going. If hand-picking isn't enough, garden dust (permethrin) will work, but its hard to dust under the leaves where they like to hide.

Wasps, ladybugs, and other insects will lay parasitic eggs on tomato worms, but the problem is they keep eating until the parasites kill them.  Good Luck. :-\

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1587 on: Aug 18, 2017, 02:37 PM »
Where on Oneida are you thinking of meeting/ gathering, DD?   ;D

zwiggles

« Reply #1588 on: Aug 18, 2017, 03:27 PM »
Thanks fishinmachine! Figured as much that picking was the way to go. I hate doing it but the chickens love em.

I may try to throw one of the ones worms with the the white eggs/shoots on it into a breathable can and see if I can't hatch some wasps to eat em.

BLACK ICE

« Reply #1589 on: Aug 18, 2017, 06:12 PM »

My wife would like to know what this is!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.