FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518551 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2190 on: Jun 04, 2018, 07:37 AM »
I imagine it's not as much fun for you..... Oh Thanks Loser  8) Lisa says it's past time we visited ;)

Any time loser... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2191 on: Jun 04, 2018, 07:41 AM »
Got my garden in yesterday.
Tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, wax beans, Brussels, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, eggplant, onions, zucchini, and summer squash.

This rain sure is great!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2192 on: Jun 05, 2018, 03:58 AM »
Perfect timing for planting Bill.

I was pretty much down for the count yesterday. Fighting off some kind of bug. Fever, chills.....just wiped out. Anyway, I didn't even look at my gardens last night. Got home from work at 2, went to bed and slept a couple hours. Ate a little dinner and crashed on the couch till I went back to bed at 8. Just woke up a few minutes ago.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2193 on: Jun 05, 2018, 05:47 AM »
Hope you get better quick bud.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2194 on: Jun 05, 2018, 07:54 AM »
I hope you feel better, Bob. My wife was on vacation last week. Thursday morning at 2:00 AM it hit her. Fever, chills, stomach issues. Whatever it was wiped her out. She spent 40 hrs. in bed and lost 7 lbs. I slept in the camper Thursday night! She was pretty much back to normal Saturday morning.   :(
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2195 on: Jun 05, 2018, 07:59 AM »
I'll live I'm sure. Feel better today. I just hate feeling sick, not that it happens very often.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2196 on: Jun 05, 2018, 09:16 AM »
Sucks Bob. All you do is think about what you could be doing...

Well almost 8000 mum plugs just got delivered...    :P

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2197 on: Jun 05, 2018, 11:22 AM »
Nothing like a good dose of mum plugs to brighten your day!    8)

boondox

« Reply #2198 on: Jun 05, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Finally got the garden in 4 types of tomatoes two types  different cucumbers two  different types of green peppers a zucunni plant and a ghost pepper plant will see how it all goes??  Finally got them in a week ago just before it rained..

zwiggles

« Reply #2199 on: Jun 05, 2018, 04:59 PM »
Everyone’s gardens are looking great. For several reasons we just got ours in this past weekend. I unfortunately had to work all weekend, and was only able to help after work on Fridayy and Sunday.

We decided to try fabric to help keep the weeds down this year. I hope it will work, but time will tell. We got most of the fabric, and watering hoses in Friday after work, and had already planned out the location of our veggies. We also are using time release “spikes” for fertilizer this year, and I added some lime, pear moss, perlite, bone meal, and worm casings to the beds last week.

When I got home Saturday from work my brother, and father had exceeded all my expectations. We had talked about setting up automatic watering for our flowers on our farmers porch, and for the barrels we have by the driveway, with something similar to what we have in the garden, and they went ahead and made it happen!

Hopefully you can see the water tubes they ran along the porch, and grass for everything. We have a 6 way splitter set up on the fawcet to allow us to water everything as needed. This should seriously cut down on the watering schedule for me!

They also got all the plants in the garden. Lots of tomatoes in the first bed:

In the second bed we have some iris on both ends, and a stupid dogwood in the middle that I’m not a fan of, and carrots where the slits in the fabric are, and summer squash/zucchini in the far end:

Up next we have some spinach and Swiss chard, and cabbage with peppers on the far end:

In the last bed we have purple beans, broccoli, and winter squash:

It’s definently not the way we normally do things. I’m concerned the fabric will end up being a major pain in the rear, but if you don’t try it you never know. Hopefully the seeds will be able to come up even with the fabric, and using the spikes for fert should mean we don’t have to keep getting into the soil under the fabric, but only time will tell. Ic enjoyed following everyone’s garden posts, and can’t wait to see what comes of it.

Oh, and a picture of our watering lines which are under the plastic:

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2200 on: Jun 05, 2018, 05:09 PM »
Looks great Z. But get rid of the chemical spikes.... :-\

zwiggles

« Reply #2201 on: Jun 05, 2018, 05:20 PM »
Looks great Z. But get rid of the chemical spikes.... :-\

Yeah? Not a fan for any particular reason?

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2202 on: Jun 05, 2018, 05:53 PM »
I am jalapeño and beans away from being done. Plan to put stone around the beds to up the curb appeal

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2203 on: Jun 05, 2018, 06:23 PM »
Yeah? Not a fan for any particular reason?

Dom talked me into going organic a few years ago. (He probably doesn't know that)

Get rid of the chemicals and use organic fertilizer on your veggies. My flower gardens get a variety pack of organics and  chemicals, but I don't eat flowers and they're not in proximity to the vegetable gardens. My veggies get Composted leaf mulch, worm castings, composted manure , eggshells, Epsom salts diatomaceous earth and neem oil for pest control etc. etc...etc.

Tons of alternatives to chemical fertilizers.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2204 on: Jun 06, 2018, 05:44 AM »
Looks great ATC...... :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.