FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 519007 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2355 on: Jul 01, 2018, 07:25 PM »
Can you say "nuisance "?

I've passed on several local road kills lately. I mean car and sheriff on the spot. Just too warm to deal with it. A real
shame to see the meat wasted to the flies, coyotes and raccoons.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #2356 on: Jul 01, 2018, 09:54 PM »
Was a good eating size too. Well, aren’t they all?

Yup just got to wait till September october around here don't know about there??

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2357 on: Jul 02, 2018, 05:22 AM »
October by me. We have an early muzzloader season up north, time to invest in one. Then early riffle, then archery, then regular season.

Then hardwater....

deerefishyfishy

« Reply #2358 on: Jul 02, 2018, 06:33 AM »
If you guys find a good way to fight the Japanese beetles PLEASE let me know! They decimate my raspberries every year. I have tried everything I can think of shy of spraying chemicals on them (which I won't do) and they are still out in full force every year. Just showed up here about a week ago  :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
Do you think fish go home and lie about all the bait they stole?

Early to bed, early to rise
Fish all day and make up lies...

There's a reason they call it fishing, not catching.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2359 on: Jul 02, 2018, 06:40 AM »
Look up Milky Spore..
If you get traps dont put them next to your plants put them as far away as you can...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2360 on: Jul 02, 2018, 07:32 AM »
I have 3 traps out now all placed about 40-50 yards from my plantings. We have prevailing west to southwest winds and all are actually upwind of my garden. Normally this time of year I'd be on a daily battle with them hand picking from my asparagus and flower gardens. Yesterday I was watching them swarm around the traps and only spotted a few in the gardens. I have hunderds in the traps right now. Mine are Spectracide Bag a Bug traps. About $7 each at Lowes. One bait lasts the whole summer and there are replacement bags for the two that come with the traps.

Only precautions I've heard are what Dom said, don't place too close to the gardens and make sure you drown them on a bucket of soapy water before putting them in the trash. The eggs live on for a time from what I was told.

Milky spore is a solution, albeit a slow solution, if you have control of a lot of surrounding property. I live in a neighborhood. My neighbors aren't going to treat so neither am I. If I could get a crop duster to do the whole block, it would probably help.

Rg

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

deerhunter

« Reply #2361 on: Jul 02, 2018, 08:03 AM »
that last rain helped

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2362 on: Jul 02, 2018, 08:13 AM »
Sure did... I have eaten squash ans zucchini for the last week. My potato flowers are dying they should be ready to pick in a week!

Nice garden!
Wicked Wec

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2363 on: Jul 02, 2018, 08:15 AM »
Nice garden indeed! When i grow up, i hope to have enough time to expand my garden to something that size.

The first step is deciding when exactly i will begin growing up

Mac Attack

« Reply #2364 on: Jul 02, 2018, 08:23 AM »

The first step is deciding when exactly i will begin growing up

I’ve been wrestling with this issue for decades.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2365 on: Jul 02, 2018, 01:55 PM »
Got the vole that was tunneling under my herb garden. Used a Victor easy set mouse trap. Couldn't use peanut butter because the ants kept eating it. Took a piece of 2 sided carpet tape and applied it to the platform then stuck sunflower seeds to it.

Humans 1
Voles 0

Soon as the weather breaks a bit I'm gonna build. Drop door box trap and get the chipmunks.
Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2366 on: Jul 02, 2018, 03:25 PM »
And......one Beetle trap is a third full and the other about a quarter. I'd say I'm into thousands of them that I can eradicate.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2367 on: Jul 02, 2018, 07:26 PM »
Our first pint of blueberries this season.

My frosted mini-wheats are going to be Happy, Happy in the morning!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2368 on: Jul 03, 2018, 04:58 PM »
Frosted mini wheats.......blueberries.......sounds Delicious!

I have tomatoes, cukes and pickles starting to show fruit. My potatoes are beginning to fade as is the garlic. The flower gardens are going crazy with this warm humid weather and a lot of watering.

So far a great growing season.

Rg

tomturkey

« Reply #2369 on: Jul 03, 2018, 07:05 PM »
The huckle  berries I found across the road sound better. Especially if they are in some pan cakes. A pain in my back to pick but well worth the pain.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.