FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 519001 times)

Stonecat

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #5115 on: Sep 30, 2023, 06:22 PM »
  Maybe not quite gardens but some of the lilacs here are blooming for the second time.I have one smaller very old lilac on its third time round this summer?

62 & Done

« Reply #5116 on: Oct 01, 2023, 12:16 PM »
I have never seen lilacs bloom more than once in a season. are they a unique variety?

Stonecat

« Reply #5117 on: Oct 01, 2023, 01:08 PM »
 Been here 35 years,never seen the small one in my yard bloom more than once. Never noticed  it with any of the others in the area either.I will say that not all lilacs here are back in bloom.????

fishinator

« Reply #5118 on: Oct 01, 2023, 01:14 PM »
I have seen it a couple times. Not the entire bush, just a few random areas. I remember making the comment that it must be morel time because the lilacs are blooming.

62 & Done

« Reply #5119 on: Oct 05, 2023, 06:09 PM »
Gonna miss my garden. got it all turned over and added some decayed horse manure to wake things up a bit. It works great for me. Only thing left are 2 kale plants, one hardy cherry tomato, and some parsley. Won't miss the mosquitoes.

piscesman

« Reply #5120 on: Oct 05, 2023, 07:36 PM »
The wife broke down the rest of the garden. Just herbs, green peppers (small side), Swiss Chard and 1 tomato plant. Keeping seeds as mentioned and will be making a raised bed next year. As you guys, I will be missing picking ingredients off my plants to put into food. The basil is almost dried in the leaves and getting bitter. Have a few dried brown "stalks" that hold seeds, so that's a plus. Next years plants.
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Mac Attack

« Reply #5121 on: Oct 05, 2023, 08:18 PM »
Gonna miss my garden. got it all turned over and added some decayed horse manure to wake things up a bit. It works great for me. Only thing left are 2 kale plants, one hardy cherry tomato, and some parsley. Won't miss the mosquitoes.

Tilling in the manure in the Fall allows it to “cook” all winter.  I think it’s better to do it now instead of the spring.

gotagetm

« Reply #5122 on: Oct 05, 2023, 08:30 PM »

Last picking of beans to put up for winter

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #5123 on: Oct 07, 2023, 10:37 AM »
Pulled some Hungarian wax peppers last night. (With a few tomatoes the princess grabbed). Made some Carolina BBQ peppers

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5124 on: Oct 07, 2023, 05:48 PM »
Hmmmmm!
My radishes are growing as is my spinach. Made a big pot of applesauce today, we’ll can it tomorrow, and put up wax beans and Brussels sprouts.( bought the sprouts from an Amish market)
Still have green beans and more to come. Another couple weeks for me and  I’ll be getting ready to plant my garlic for next season.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #5125 on: Oct 08, 2023, 08:33 AM »

Just picked rest of squash . Gonna bake and freeze...love this time of year!!
Ben

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5126 on: Oct 08, 2023, 09:18 AM »
Nice harvest Ben..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

piscesman

« Reply #5127 on: Oct 08, 2023, 06:28 PM »
you guys did real good.........
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

gotagetm

« Reply #5128 on: Oct 17, 2023, 04:58 PM »
Just seen there's a new HOTTEST pepper ...Pepper X

Mac Attack

« Reply #5129 on: Oct 17, 2023, 05:08 PM »
Just seen there's a new HOTTEST pepper ...Pepper X

One question.

Why?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum