FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518934 times)

fishinator

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #5130 on: Oct 17, 2023, 07:28 PM »

One question.

Why?
exactly! Carolina Reapers are already hotter than pepper spray. It's not food at that point,  it's a weapon!

gotagetm

« Reply #5131 on: Oct 17, 2023, 08:33 PM »
Yup that's exactly what people were saying

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5132 on: Oct 18, 2023, 02:23 PM »
Yup….why? Gave up on stupid hot peppers a few years back. Still have some dried that I can’t use because they’re dangerous. What’s the point?

Pulled all my bean plants today. Another few quarts for the freezer. Finished canning a dozen jars of applesauce. Tomorrow I’m turning the beds to plant garlic. Think I’m planting  one more bed of garlic than last year. Just….because we love our garlic and it loves us back. 
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5133 on: Oct 19, 2023, 01:05 PM »
Spent 6 hours getting beds ready and planting 84 head of garlic today. My back is tired……so is my front.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #5134 on: Oct 19, 2023, 03:01 PM »
Get out that wee dram Bob.

;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5135 on: Oct 19, 2023, 04:16 PM »
Had a big burger and cauliflower for dinner…I’m there for sure. Feel better all over.

And the garlic is in the ground,

icefisher47

« Reply #5136 on: Oct 20, 2023, 05:14 PM »
exactly! Carolina Reapers are already hotter than pepper spray. It's not food at that point,  it's a weapon!
Can anyone actually eat Pepper X?
Take a kid fishing

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5137 on: Oct 20, 2023, 07:24 PM »
I’m sure there’s someone out there, stupid enough to try.

filetandrelease

« Reply #5138 on: Oct 21, 2023, 05:02 PM »
Can anyone actually eat Pepper X?
Those could be dangerous for some

piscesman

« Reply #5139 on: Oct 29, 2023, 01:24 PM »
I don't know who here has read about the 1 chip challenge. Carolina Reaper was the hottest before this one. A company sold the chip containing the pepper. A kid approx. 15 years old ate it and died due to heart failure or something like that. I don't know if he purchased the chip or his friends who dared him. The challenge has been removed from the market (supposedly). You could probably do a search for better information.......
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Mac Attack

« Reply #5140 on: Oct 29, 2023, 01:32 PM »
There is no reason for those insane peppers.  None!

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #5141 on: Nov 03, 2023, 07:20 AM »
Pulled the last of the peppers before the cold temps strolled in the other night. Made hot sauce, which I think will pair well worth grilled Sahlens

That’s a wrap for garden 2023

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5142 on: Nov 03, 2023, 02:43 PM »
Mine aren’t done just yet. Still have parsley to dry and potatoes to plant. Gonna try wintering over some potatoes. Most everything is done. Still have to tend to the fall cleanup in the gardens and plant spring bulbs. The next couple days are looking good for that.

And then there’s leaves….lots of leaves……really….lots and lots of leaves.

62 & Done

« Reply #5143 on: Nov 21, 2023, 02:08 PM »
Leaves and more leaves. I'm hoping the next cleanup will be the last. Perhaps early next week. Just checked my parsley (it's been covered for about 10 days and nights) and much to my surprise, I was able to pick some. Not bad after nites in the teens.  Kale is doing fine on it's own.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5144 on: Nov 21, 2023, 02:51 PM »
Pulled my parsley the other day and hung it in the garage for a few. Put it in the dehydrator for a few hours. Now I have a nice container of really good smelling parsley.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.