FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Beer Batter  (Read 3507 times)

fishin fool

Beer Batter
« on: Jun 01, 2004, 04:58 PM »
I have never actually beer battered and fried fish.  Usually I bread them and pan fry them in butter.  Can anybody give me a good beer batter recipe and explain the fundamentals for me?  I am a rookie at this so I need to know it all.  Thanks

Jeff

grumpymoe

Re: Beer Batter
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2004, 07:12 PM »
fishin fool....any fish that is properly prepared.... i suggest towel drying your fish before dipping in any batter mix...this will ensure that the mix sticks to the flesh....now credit is due for these 2 recipes to barleydog from alaska....can't beat them.....go over to iceshanty.com and to the hardwater cuisine section.....see his 2 posts for standard battered fish and the great one.....cajun beer battered fish....this recipe allows for the chef to enjoy some wobblys as well as the guests at your dinner table......grump ;D ;D ;D

fozsey

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2004, 04:06 PM »
I can't ever get the beer to go into the batter...one sip for the batter...one bottle for me...one sip for the batter...two bottles for me... ;D

slipbob

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2004, 04:12 PM »
I can't ever get the beer to go into the batter...one sip for the batter...one bottle for me...one sip for the batter...two bottles for me... ;D

That's good.  I think I might have the same problem.  Some bottles later we would be asking each other, now what we're we making again?  Beerfish or bottlebatter?   ???

bayonne

« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2004, 05:30 PM »
my wife makes fried whole mushrooms in beer batter and its great

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.