MyFishFinder Tips and Techniques > Bait

Bass Bugs?

(1/3) > >>

Rebelfisher:
Was wondering if anyone here collects their own bass bugs? (AKA mudbugs) they are dragonfly nymphs. I usually collect my own in springtime when the mudholes begin to warm. was wondering if anyone caught any in larger bodies of water..the "mudholes" i usually target are getting harder to find due to drying up or private property postings. They are great panfish bait!

foxriverrat09:
I collect my own bass bugs in the spring time. I haven't had any luck with them on the river...yet. How do you rig them? I'm guessing on a hook and a bobber.

Rebelfisher:
i noticed alot of them in the stomachs of the perch i caught out of larger lake this past ice fishing season. i usually put the hook thru the anus ad out the abdomen. they really can outish live bait (redworms, waxies, and spikes)

panfishman13:
huh, i could never have the guts to grab one of those things, (i got bit by one when i was little and now i am totally scared gutless of them ::)) but i never find them except in good trout rivers.  :-\

WeaponsOfBassDestruction:
I've always called them perch bugs but I'm sure they are the same thing. How do you guys usually store them? Im going out to pick some coming up and want to store them for a while in between fishing trips. I'm assuming keeping them in water with leaves and dirt should work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version