MFF US Midwest > Iowa

Quad Cities area

(1/7) > >>

Catfish78:
I will be back state side for vacation in late June and a good part of July. I always like to take my nieces and nephews fishing when ever I can as my brother-in-law isn't much of a fisherman. I will be looking for something easy to do. Pan fishing with bobbers type thing. My question is where? I will be in Bettendorf. Any recommendations would be great.

Cheers

Basspro23:
Go to the Mississippi. Great Sauger fishing lately! I haven't been there, but the DNR said that they were doing good! Same for panfish. Good luck!

Catfish78:
So what kind of location should I look for? I haven't fished a river in a long time and I typically fished from a boat.

BBK:

--- Quote from: Basspro23 on Apr 18, 2010, 10:54 AM ---Go to the Mississippi. Great Sauger fishing lately! I haven't been there, but the DNR said that they were doing good! Same for panfish. Good luck!

--- End quote ---

Uh... NO. Walleye and sauger are spawning, haven't been biting for weeks. Only getting 12" walleye every once and a wile. I've got 74 walleye and 4 sauger this year..... fantastic sauger fishing- NOT. Don't believe everything you read on the DNR website, lots of times its people calling in saying wrong info to get people away from their spots.

Not many places around here to get panfish, my best suggestion would be to try the canal above lock and dam 14. by mid july the bluegill and crappie will be in about 10ft of water and should be biting well.

If your the type that just wants to catch fish, head down to the park in downtown Bett and throw a night crawler on the bottom. You'll catch plenty of drum and catfish.

Catfish78:

--- Quote from: BBK on Apr 22, 2010, 10:24 PM ---Uh... NO. Walleye and sauger are spawning, haven't been biting for weeks. Only getting 12" walleye every once and a wile. I've got 74 walleye and 4 sauger this year..... fantastic sauger fishing- NOT. Don't believe everything you read on the DNR website, lots of times its people calling in saying wrong info to get people away from their spots.

Not many places around here to get panfish, my best suggestion would be to try the canal above lock and dam 14. by mid july the bluegill and crappie will be in about 10ft of water and should be biting well.

If your the type that just wants to catch fish, head down to the park in downtown Bett and throw a night crawler on the bottom. You'll catch plenty of drum and catfish.

--- End quote ---

Thanks BBK. Yep, just looking for the kids to get a line stretched.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version