FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Brookies and brantiham lake rainbows  (Read 1946 times)

perchslayer25

Brookies and brantiham lake rainbows
« on: Jun 06, 2004, 08:48 PM »
i was up camping this weekend in the adirondacks in the glenfeild area....me and 2 buddies fished the main creek on Eatonville road if you know where that is.....managed 13 trouth between the three of us....then we went out on bratinham on sunday(today) and caught 6 rainbows....nice size ones....biggest was 19 inches.....and several bass...the fishing is great around there.....but i was wondering....if anyone else has fished these areas and some other good spots to go....let me know...im going back up on eatonville road at camp 4 on July 9 till the 14th
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

countryboy

Re: Brookies and brantiham lake rainbows
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2004, 06:55 AM »
slayer, how were the black flies and skeeters? how is the water flowing up there?

perchslayer25

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2004, 12:44 PM »
Honestly the flys and skeeters werent bad at all.... the nights are still to chilly for the skeeters.....there is tons of moths for some reason....but the water is running just perfect so you can get a line or a lure in there.....but moving fast enough to move me down the stream in a tube....loads of fun up there...
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

countryboy

« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2004, 06:11 AM »
If you don't mind, what was your hot set up?

perchslayer25

« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2004, 12:32 PM »
i was using a tear drop with a worm....the red  flash seemed to have them going....or the silver falsh....a buddy of mine had a bright orange lure with a multy color spinner on it and he had the luck i had....then my other buddy was using  green jighead with a worm....anything seemed to working with the bright colors.

countryboy

« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2004, 12:37 PM »
Did you hit a public access spot or just drop in along the road?

perchslayer25

« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2004, 06:56 AM »
On eatonville road it is all a public stream.....i walked the crick both was up and down about 1/2 mile each way.....
But there are tons of public streams up there....like fish creek....and all those other major ones.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.