FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 336936 times)

Badbrad2186

Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #1020 on: Nov 23, 2019, 07:14 AM »
I think we go hunting or fishing most of the time without even admitting or realizing the real reason for doing it is to be outdoors in the woods or on the shore or in a boat. Success does add to the experience but is not always obtained or necessary.  On the crossbow debate I agree 100% with your reasons on disability/age. I do still feel there should be separate seasons.  I see ads for the new crossbows that claim they are capable of shooting 3 inch groups @100 yards.  If true this is more in line of the capabilities of a muzzle loader than a recurve/compound bow.  I think ads like that also encourage people to shoot at deer way past their actual effectiveness which has always given all bowhunters bad publicity. I have and will always respect all your opinions.

Crossbow should be allowed during regular bow season as it is in almost every other state that allows crossbows. And I dont care what they are claiming no crossbow is effectively shooting and killing a deer at 100 yards

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #1021 on: Nov 23, 2019, 07:33 AM »
Filled gun tag. Lot of guys are struggling to see deer. Been seeing bucks daily all chasing doe and watched one get bred.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #1022 on: Nov 23, 2019, 08:41 AM »
Congrats, nice buck. Not seeing many up this way either....h2l

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1023 on: Nov 23, 2019, 09:34 AM »
Congratulations bauls.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #1024 on: Nov 23, 2019, 12:39 PM »
 Some old friends he and his wife each knocked a buck down ,

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1025 on: Nov 23, 2019, 02:27 PM »
Congratulations to them..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #1026 on: Nov 23, 2019, 04:11 PM »
Congrats. Nice bucks. Look at the smiles on those faces...h2l

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #1027 on: Nov 23, 2019, 05:11 PM »
Keep the pictures coming. Congratulations to all. I had a fabulous morning. Didn't see a deer. Enjoyed the quiet woods (Have two energetic grandkids this weekend). Watched squirrels, chipmunks, and had a hawk land 30 feet from me and checked me out for 5 minutes or so. Great start to the day.

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #1028 on: Nov 23, 2019, 06:05 PM »
Congrats.  Another one bites the ground. Dads buddy dropped a 6 with no brows tonight out back, also had 2 pts broken off. Helped hauling it back. Celebrating.

reeleyz

« Reply #1029 on: Nov 23, 2019, 06:52 PM »
Muzzleloader tag is only good for early and late seasons not regular season

Correct.

reeleyz

« Reply #1030 on: Nov 23, 2019, 06:55 PM »
Congrats Paul!

reeleyz

« Reply #1031 on: Nov 23, 2019, 07:15 PM »
I have noticed a drop off in the number of hunters this year too.

It seems like it is because of aging hunters. I am not sure the state can do much about that?

I had my 7 year old out this morning. We sat in a deer stand until he was almost frozen. Then we chased squirrels for a few hours and brought a couple home. We both had a great time (minus the frozen toes)

filetandrelease

« Reply #1032 on: Nov 23, 2019, 08:11 PM »

Sounds like fun Bruce
 Nice buck Bauls

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1033 on: Nov 24, 2019, 04:34 AM »
So as i read the DEC regs ,which arealways sometime confusing,  im not sure but even though i shot a buck with the gun can i still use a crossbow during the rest of gun season and put my muzzle loader tag on it.   My muzzler loader is shot..

you know that's a good guestion and i'll tell you why .... wen hunting wit a bow or crossbow you can use either bow or archery tag .... it says your crossbow is legal during regular gun season ...I tend to think you can't use the special season tags during the regular season but I would call the regional office to make sure
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1034 on: Nov 24, 2019, 04:36 AM »
I have noticed a drop off in the number of hunters this year too.

It seems like it is because of aging hunters. I am not sure the state can do much about that?

I had my 7 year old out this morning. We sat in a deer stand until he was almost frozen. Then we chased squirrels for a few hours and brought a couple home. We both had a great time (minus the frozen toes)

I swear I'm going to buy a high power air gun to take deer hunting to shoot squirrels wile I deer hunt lol
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.