FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 337196 times)

bbfrogger

Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #1050 on: Nov 25, 2019, 08:57 AM »
"I suggest no one  take medical advice  here   call  your doctor  or  go to a  urgent care or ER LYME disease is nothing to fool around with  "  Good advice Trapper.  I take medical advice on here the same way I take early ice conditions reports (I spud, spud, spud myself), and NYS hunting and fishing regulations advice (I call the DEC myself)  :-).  No offense to anyone here, I know the majority are trying to be helpful, but for some things people really need to go to the correct sources of information.

gotagetm

« Reply #1051 on: Nov 27, 2019, 04:57 PM »

Layed off today for at least week and half or more !!! Sweet!!!! More deer and maybe perch!!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1052 on: Nov 28, 2019, 07:33 AM »
Ground up almost 60 lbs of venison and bacon yesterday.   Made and pre froze a bunch of burgers and saved  the rest for vennie sticks..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #1053 on: Nov 28, 2019, 07:42 AM »

👍🍽 words aren’t needed 

reeleyz

« Reply #1054 on: Nov 28, 2019, 07:55 AM »

👍🍽 words aren’t needed

X2!

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #1055 on: Nov 28, 2019, 09:54 AM »
Good work Raquettedacker. Yesterday, with my young helper, we put up 56 pounds of burger,  10 pounds of backstrap, and 6 pounds of darn near venison veal (I took a real young doe with the crossbow) for a sausage recipe I want to try. 4 more hanging to process tomorrow.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1056 on: Nov 28, 2019, 04:02 PM »
dacker and double  your really going to town!  i made  summer sausage and burger myself ;D

i wanted to first thank the calls of concern about my recent exposure to a hungry tick  so he is the up date  ...i am posting this  only to  help anyone that gets bite , my suggestion is to go to a doctor  ER or urgent care as soon as possiable   i did and i am glad i did!

this was taken today  ...day after i took the one dose of doxycycline  i developed a rash around the bite  and the  deep red spot appeared ...the deep red spot at the bite spot i was told was from the ticks spit ...the rash was another story ....doctor placed me on a full antibotic regiment for 21 days  ...one week after that i will be given my first blood test for lymes disease ..... i will keep anyone interested posted ..... and i am practicing what i preach and doing exactly what the doctor tells me  ..... be sure you take the precautions and check for critters
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

reeleyz

« Reply #1057 on: Nov 28, 2019, 04:52 PM »
Sounds scary Trapper. I have been bit 3 or 4 times in the past 6 months. Luckily I always catch it within 18 hours or so.

trapper2000

« Reply #1058 on: Nov 28, 2019, 05:05 PM »
you be real careful buddy ..... I swear this tick wasn't in me 24  he wasn't gorged or anything  but tat rash  made me concerned ....I been hunting and fishing all my life and never seen ticks like they are now .....bring back DDT

bbfrogger

« Reply #1059 on: Nov 28, 2019, 06:21 PM »
Good luck Trapper - heal up fast - hope you got it in time.

trapper2000

« Reply #1060 on: Nov 28, 2019, 06:39 PM »
thanks man ...really think I did the tick didn't have any blood in him yet ..... but I been hunting  every day  ;D

bigal409

« Reply #1061 on: Nov 29, 2019, 04:45 AM »
Good advice Trapper. My brother has Lyme disease and it isn't fun. Messed up his walking so bad he was out of work for months until they got it under control so he could return to work. His legs are still messed up as he can't walk all that far but at least he's back on his feet. I don't wish that disease on anyone.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1062 on: Nov 29, 2019, 05:00 AM »
 That right trapp do what the doc says

wallyworld

« Reply #1063 on: Nov 29, 2019, 06:32 AM »
Good luck Trapp, hope the antibiotics do the trick for you  ;)

same deal for me, found the tick feeding on my shoulder, finishing up my 21 days of doxicycline in a couple days

fingers crossed for both of us

trapper2000

« Reply #1064 on: Nov 29, 2019, 07:35 AM »
wally I think the worse is waiting to be tested ......

another  thing  I wonder is  how many people been bitten and never knew.....

well get threw it wally ..

hey things I misunderstood or were misinformed about ..... I tough lymes was a American only disease wrong it is covering Europe asia Australia .....world wide

fossil records(I have no idea how they know this  )  shows the bacteria has been in ticks  for millions of years

....... being outdoors men and women  we are all into this one together  .....good luck and prevention is the best cure

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.