FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 336807 times)

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #1065 on: Nov 30, 2019, 08:39 AM »
The ticks are horrendous in my area. I hunted Letchworth a few times and each time had at least 3 on me one time I found 7. I don't think I got bit they were all on my clothes in the treestand except on in my hair on the way home. My buddy said the buck he shot in York had like 20 on it they were just all over his deer. To bad we couldn't crop dust the little bastards its the one thing I hate about deer hunting. Good luck trap and everyone
done dirt cheap!

Badbrad2186

« Reply #1066 on: Nov 30, 2019, 08:45 AM »
The ticks are horrendous in my area. I hunted Letchworth a few times and each time had at least 3 on me one time I found 7. I don't think I got bit they were all on my clothes in the treestand except on in my hair on the way home. My buddy said the buck he shot in York had like 20 on it they were just all over his deer. To bad we couldn't crop dust the little bastards its the one thing I hate about deer hunting. Good luck trap and everyone

My buddy shot a 9 pointer in Nunda and he killed like 20-30 ticks as it was hanging before he butchered

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1067 on: Dec 01, 2019, 05:37 AM »
Yikes! Makes me kind of glad I don't hunt any more. How cold does it have to get before you stop seeing the ticks?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1068 on: Dec 01, 2019, 06:28 AM »
deer ticks are  active  anytime  temps are above  freezing ..... and it's not  just hunters getting ticks  ...yard  work walking  hiking fishing anywhere  and any  time  you  are near tall grass or shrubs.....and I have never seen the amount of ticks that's out there now....I would be checking my kids  every time they went outside to play
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

wallyworld

« Reply #1069 on: Dec 01, 2019, 06:45 AM »
Yikes! Makes me kind of glad I don't hunt any more. How cold does it have to get before you stop seeing the ticks?

Rg

You don't need to be a hunter to end up with a tick bite. I finish my 21 days of antibiotics today   :clapping:

filetandrelease

« Reply #1070 on: Dec 01, 2019, 09:10 AM »

Got mine just kneeling down to clean the mower  , and that SOB left a scar , like 1 more is going to hurt anything 😉

bbfrogger

« Reply #1071 on: Dec 01, 2019, 09:50 AM »
Man I must be super lucky - I do everything in tank tops, shorts and sandals from April thru October - even when I work my gardens, scout the woods/fields in the summer and hang my stands in September. I'm more in central NY around Waterville. My neighbor across the street says the same thing - he's covered with them when he turkey hunts in spring.  I wonder if I have something in me that they don't like or something - I've never even seen one on me.  Whatever it is I hope it continues.  Good luck to all that have been bit.

reeleyz

« Reply #1072 on: Dec 01, 2019, 11:09 AM »
Man I must be super lucky - I do everything in tank tops, shorts and sandals from April thru October - even when I work my gardens, scout the woods/fields in the summer and hang my stands in September. I'm more in central NY around Waterville. My neighbor across the street says the same thing - he's covered with them when he turkey hunts in spring.  I wonder if I have something in me that they don't like or something - I've never even seen one on me.  Whatever it is I hope it continues.  Good luck to all that have been bit.

I wonder if a person's diet can have an affect. There is a garlic mixture that you can feed dogs that is supposed to be a natural tick and flee repellent.

bbfrogger

« Reply #1073 on: Dec 01, 2019, 12:04 PM »
Thats what I was wondering too  - not sure about garlic though - I don't eat much and my neighbor is 100% Italian - hahaha.  Maybe my hostess cupcake "diet" is finally paying off ? :laugh: 

gotagetm

« Reply #1074 on: Dec 01, 2019, 04:15 PM »
tics are active even below zero if on a warm host say a deer can still jump to you
if deer are hanging skin on and body cools down they will go dormant till warms back up
i have skinned deer in warm weather and warm animal and seen them very active and have skinned a deer after it has hung in cold weather for few days and seen them bairly able to move

big_guy_13021

« Reply #1075 on: Dec 03, 2019, 11:54 AM »

I caught this guy trying to sneak past me the other day at about 80yrds but he got caught

reeleyz

« Reply #1076 on: Dec 03, 2019, 12:05 PM »
Well DOG GONE!!!

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #1077 on: Dec 03, 2019, 02:18 PM »

I caught this guy trying to sneak past me the other day at about 80yrds but he got caught
Good going. Shoot them all.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1078 on: Dec 03, 2019, 03:11 PM »
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Nice job findin em

bbfrogger

« Reply #1079 on: Dec 03, 2019, 03:48 PM »

Pretty critter - nice colors.  Looks like he would make a nice hat or gloves/mittens for ice fishing  :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.