FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 337323 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #1350 on: Sep 29, 2020, 02:54 PM »
Thank you everybody it's been a long Frustrating and painful road

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1351 on: Sep 29, 2020, 03:12 PM »
Jeez bud, the hits just keep on coming.
Hope they get you straightened out soon.

Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1352 on: Sep 30, 2020, 07:55 AM »
d**n Eddie! I feel for you. Thoughts and prayers sent your way buddy. Hope you are better soon
Nice job findin em

drowndin dots

« Reply #1353 on: Sep 30, 2020, 08:17 AM »
d**n Eddie! I feel for you. Thoughts and prayers sent your way buddy. Hope you are better soon
thanks Bobby 8)

big_guy_13021

« Reply #1354 on: Sep 30, 2020, 12:46 PM »
I know how you feel DD I can't bow hunt this yr either still recovering from my back surgery but little guy will be out in my spot this yr..his first yr bow hunting .ill be able to hunt with crossbow..if you guys haven't heard go to Dec website comments and comment.there trying to open muzzle loader and crossbow from Dec 26th through Jan 1rst..so comment we can hunt longer with crossbow and muzzle loader..good luck and hope you all have a safe and successful season..GO COMMENT..i know it's for southern zone not sure about other zones

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1355 on: Sep 30, 2020, 07:20 PM »
good  luck  everyone ....little  guy  i'm looking  forward to hear about  your  first deer !!!!  you  got it  buddy
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

drowndin dots

« Reply #1356 on: Sep 30, 2020, 08:50 PM »
I know how you feel DD I can't bow hunt this yr either still recovering from my back surgery but little guy will be out in my spot this yr..his first yr bow hunting .ill be able to hunt with crossbow..if you guys haven't heard go to Dec website comments and comment.there trying to open muzzle loader and crossbow from Dec 26th through Jan 1rst..so comment we can hunt longer with crossbow and muzzle loader..good luck and hope you all have a safe and successful season..GO COMMENT..i know it's for southern zone not sure about other zones
im thinking the same for me Big Guy.  I tried to draw my bow today and no bueyno....

reeleyz

« Reply #1357 on: Oct 02, 2020, 08:01 AM »
I hope you feel better DD.

I am on my way back from a Colorado public land archery elk hunt. Man was that a blast. Had some close calls with bulls. On day 6 I was able to watch a small herd head to bed in the morning. I snuck in close in the afternoon and waited. Sure eough around 5 PM 2 cows and 2 calfs step out into a meadow at about 45 yards. I had to sneak around a down tree and out into the field a bit to get a shot. The big cow finally saw me and barked. She went about 5 yards and turned broadside looking at me at 40 yds. I drew and set my 40 pin behind her shoulder and touched it off. WIFF!!!! Not a sound! She took off untouched.

I stood there dumb founded.  :o :o

Then it dawned on me. The shot was so fast that I never checked my level!!!! I missed her by a mile.

Here is how steep the hill was. She was at the wood line. I could hear those loins sizzling in the pan already.

I saw a pile of mule deer. They are now on my hit list too. ;D

Some other pics but they do not do these mountains justice. Very rough country that is no joke. I will be back someday but I might have to bring the smoke pole next time to even the odds a bit!!!   ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #1358 on: Oct 02, 2020, 08:14 AM »

Sorry to hear about Your miss fortune
 Thanks for sharing the pics 👍

reeleyz

« Reply #1359 on: Oct 02, 2020, 08:46 AM »
Sorry to hear about Your miss fortune
 Thanks for sharing the pics 👍

Honestly Fred the miss was just a tiny part of the trip. I gained so much priceless knowledge for the future.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1360 on: Oct 02, 2020, 10:35 AM »
Still looks and sounds fun to me.... :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #1361 on: Oct 02, 2020, 11:41 AM »
sure does dom

drowndin dots

« Reply #1362 on: Oct 02, 2020, 05:50 PM »
1st off thank you Bruce and wow what a trip that must have been I can only imagine what it's like to be that close to one of those magnificent animals.

I had a test today called a sino gram where they inject ink into my drain and they can see if the original mass of cysts has dissipated at all. Unfortunately it has not. I have to follow up appointments Monday and Tuesday would surgeons to go over possible strategies. Very frustrating to say the least this drain has been on that site for 5 weeks. It goes without saying that having a tube sticking out of you is uncomfortable at best. Thank you everyone for the positive thoughts keep them coming and maybe they can come up with a strategy that will help me.

gotagetm

« Reply #1363 on: Oct 02, 2020, 05:54 PM »
They'll figure it out DD

filetandrelease

« Reply #1364 on: Oct 03, 2020, 05:33 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.