MFF US Northeast > Vermont

Lake Champlain

(1/2) > >>

bikrsrule:
Hello from NH, I am not looking for anyones hotspot just some local info, I used to fish lakers out of shelburne bay in the spring so no need for downriggers or lead line, my question is: when is a good time to fish em, lakers and salmon? Do you have to go further south than shelburne bay to fish for salmon. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, its just quite a drive with little or no info..
Feel free to PM if you would like to stay anonymous..
Mark

Fish Farmer:
Right now and into May for shallow water salmon and lakers.

I hear lakers are caught right off the mouth of the Winooski River in the spring.

Both can be caught from the Champlain Bridge in Addison all the way north to Grand Isle. Good Vermont areas to focus are where warm water enters the lake, Otter Creek, Lewis Creek, etc. The Vermont side is shallower than the NY side and seems to warm quicker, eventually the fish will set up in summer spots in the deep areas of the lake.

Many have been having trouble finding consistent salmon fishing in recent years, but the lakers are doing very well, successfully spawning in the lake now.

Here is a link to another site where there is more chatter on Lake Champlain fishing, https://www.lakechamplainunited.com/forums/

bikrsrule:
Thank you Fish Farmer for the info it was very helpful. Tight lines to you!!!!

Dirt23:
We've gone up trolling for Lakers early April had some luck but early mid May when water temp hits 50 action really starts picking up, bump planers of shore with some stick baits we've trolled from Shelburne up to outer mallets with fish all the way, never caught salmon but may get some big smallies as they come up to spawn mid end of may

bikrsrule:
Dirt23 That is what I was thinking too just wasnt sure I was remembering right, so I should hold off a few more weeks? The water is still a bit chilly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version