FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: North Sandy Pond  (Read 5073 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: North Sandy Pond
« Reply #30 on: Jul 10, 2021, 04:55 AM »
Cool read but feel sorry for the residents..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #31 on: Aug 19, 2021, 09:42 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Sorry I haven’t had too much to report this summer on the Pond. A confluence of Ill health, busted tilt & trim motor on  Starcraft and just lowzy Perch fishing have had me wandering up the lake and into the river. (St Lawrence) Without giving too much away, I’ve been fishing Deep for the perch.

Back to the Pond, thanks Freddy for keeping the conversation going on the Pond. Equal thanks to KP ,Trap and the guys for informing the general fishing public of our access and egress problems from the Pond into the lake.

I can’t improve on the aerial Picts Freddy has supplied, just add a little narrative as you all know I am want to do.

Once I got my tilt and trim motor fixed I made several trips out to the cut from my camp off of Blind Creek. As I approach the cut from the south (open side) of the Pond, I witnessed boats especially pontoon boats grounded by cutting too wide when approaching the cut and after an hour of observing saw enumerable vessels keel bound on the interior sand bar. Observation and trial and error I found some boats hugging close to the west of the sand bar were actually getting through to the cut proper.

Once in the cut the water depth was more than ample depth to navigate, UNTIL, you got to the lake Beech itself which had a 6”surf cover over an all encompassing sand bar blocking access to the lake. This was fine for canoes kayaks and jet skis, but not enough for the Old Starcraft.

Suffice to say it was still a nice beech area to visit and pic-nic with the grandkids. Of course I didn’t bring my chocolate lab as he loves them sand plovers

Other than that, the water level in the Pond is still low. The weeds are high and I never caught as many of them pesky silver bass as I have this year.

Hope that brings everyone up to speed on the Pond. Yeh Dom, I’m coming up there to do some fishing with you my friend or we can sing in “Two Part Harmony”😎😎😎

Boggey

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #32 on: Aug 19, 2021, 09:57 AM »

Cheer up, we still have beautiful sunsets👍👍👍

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #33 on: Aug 19, 2021, 12:03 PM »
Yo Jim good to see a post from you.
 Stay healthy brother..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

KingPerch

« Reply #34 on: Aug 19, 2021, 08:03 PM »
Glad to hear from You Boggey! 😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Mac Attack

« Reply #35 on: Aug 19, 2021, 08:12 PM »
Nice report
Great read

Sorry about your problems