FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New World Record Red-ear Lake Havasu  (Read 4881 times)

catfisher

• Born to fish
Re: New World Record Red-ear Lake Havasu
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2021, 11:15 AM »
Are there any nuclear powerplants or disposal sights for radioactive waste near this lake ??  AWESOME, CAN'T BE CALLED A PANFISH!

Fish Farmer

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2021, 12:02 PM »
That would make one heck of a flathead bait.

taxid

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2021, 12:59 PM »
would it count as Indiana record if brought back, put in tank, then caught out? lmao  you could say it was caught from lake George and have mi. record too then?

I'm starting to wonder about you.  ;D

What you brought up has been attempted. I wonder how many people have got away with it?

There was a guy in Eastern Europe that moved a commercially netted monster pike from one of the huge lakes there and put it into his private pond and recaught it. Didn't work out the way he planned it.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

mcully

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2021, 05:12 AM »
look up Montana brown trout record. Monster caught this week on a kastmaster

taxid

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2021, 08:10 AM »
woo thats a fat brown.  what a battle that had to be!

https://helenair.com/outdoors/montana-angler-recounts-catching-new-state-record-brown-trout/article_3639fa71-5d73-5f9f-9ac9-7bd2f743e88c.html

Looks like a female full of eggs.(No kype). Definitely didn't lack anything to eat.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

mcully

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2021, 08:22 AM »
look at that tail! Not sure I'd have the heart to kill it even though its probably maxed out and eating anything and everything it wants.
Taxi- how much bigger do you think it could realize if left to swim?

taxid

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2021, 02:00 PM »
look at that tail! Not sure I'd have the heart to kill it even though its probably maxed out and eating anything and everything it wants.
Taxi- how much bigger do you think it could realize if left to swim?

Hard to say. I've heard of exceptional browns getting to about 40 inches in other parts of the world. OTOH could have been close to the end of it's life span?

Ironically if a trout grows too fast it shortens it's lifespan.  I've been told by one biologist the key to longer lifespan in salmonids is access to really cold water even if they don't grown exceptionally fast.

If that river was planted with 8 to 10 inch trout I'll bet they were a big part of it's diet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.