FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Current Water temp of specific bodies of water(Fahrenheit)  (Read 2588 times)

John M

I’ve seen other post concerning temperature but they dealt with air temperature.  But as a fisherman especially after ice out, the water temperature changes and their effects on different fish species concerning   Pre spawning- spawning - post spawning cycles, would be beneficial.

bbfrogger

Re: Current Water temp of specific bodies of water(Fahrenheit)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 05:53 PM »
The best way is to check for yourself - this time of year they can vary quite a bit from day to day depending on the conditions (sun. wind, run off, depth of the water being measured) and even the different sections of the same lake.  Just about everything is biting now ..... I went last night and caught crappie, 'gills, bass, pickerel, rock bass and perch just fishing from shore for an hour.... don't worry about the temp - just go fishing.  By the time someone responds and you get there it will probably have changed anyway

John M

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 12:43 PM »
Thanks for your opinion.? However I find sportsman sharing information to be a convenient venue to find water where the temperature would be conductive to a specific species of fish either actively biting or in one of the three stages of the spawn.( Pre, spawn , post) which determine the general area’s to be fishing and different types of presentation.  The information I seek is  on specific in nature.  I’m not inquiring into GPS coordinates,  Just to see what lake water temperatures are conductive to the species I will choose to pursue. 
By the way for all others the temperature on Silver lake Thursday 5/13/21 was 53.9 to 55 degrees and windy. We crappie fished 2 hours 11-1 with no success.  And speaking with other fisherman at or near the launch, everybody said they struggled. Take it for what’s its worth.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 04:41 PM »
59.8 surface temp on the canal  this morning.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Pequod1

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 05:20 PM »
49 at the Penn yan branch of Keuka today

oatkasut

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 09:21 PM »
iRONDEQUIT CREEK AT 60DEG.

greensider

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 06:49 PM »
Was on Whitney point today and another place water was 56

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 04:40 AM »

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

mcully

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 06:58 AM »
Skaneateles 50 yesterday and swimming weather for grandsons

oatkasut

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 08:00 PM »
YES! To be young! :) :)

Mac Attack

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 09:18 PM »
Erie is now 50

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2021, 04:58 AM »
It amazes me on how many people I talk to don't look at water temp while on the water. Most always say "I didn't notice". It is the first thing I look at when I turn on my unit....h2l

bbfrogger

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2021, 10:32 AM »
YES! To be young! :) :)

I'm 63 - I was in (under water) 5 weeks ago .... my earliest was the end of March one year, 3 days after ice out - it was a hot day like this and there were still ice crystals washing up on shore - I didn't stay long but I went under.  I've been in in late November - tried it once in December and got to mid thigh before some body parts revolted - hahaha.

bbfrogger

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2021, 10:40 AM »
It amazes me on how many people I talk to don't look at water temp while on the water. Most always say "I didn't notice". It is the first thing I look at when I turn on my unit....h2l

I don't use a fish finder and I don't pay any attention to the temp - I usually just fish 1 or 2 smallish lakes and I usually "know" where the fish are at different times of the year - if I'm wrong I can usually find them within the hour.  IMO a lot of that stuff is over rated if you know the water.  I can see how it could be beneficial on unfamiliar bigger bodies of water though.  I get a kick out of people that come up to me in boats and try to tell me the depth and water temp - they tell me I'm fishing the wrong spot, etc .... the hardest part is usually trying to make it look like I'm not getting bites until they leave.  There is a reason I'm fishing there.   ;D

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2021, 05:02 AM »
bb, I have had a "stump finder" on my boats since they came out with the Little Green Box. Over the years they have really helped to catch fish. I jig fish and usually fish "spots on a spot". I am now using a Helix 7. Very basic unit with no bells or whistles. Does have a Navonics map in it that is helpful staying on some spots. I have fish this lake for about 70 years and haven't been on any other lake in at least 25 years. They are "toys" if you let them become one. I had a friend who wouldn't put a line in the water unless he marked fish. I have caught a lot of fish and not see anything on the FF. I will work an area that I know because the fish are usually nearby....h2l

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.