FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Carp Chronicles  (Read 14042 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Big Carp Chronicles
« Reply #75 on: Sep 05, 2021, 11:14 AM »
Better than working……  ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #76 on: Sep 05, 2021, 01:52 PM »
Hoping to only work 3 days this week. End of season tournaments at the club have been really busy.

I won’t bail on my Son or the Super. They’re both really hard workers. If they need the help I’ll be there. Can’t count on the kids they might show up……maybe. The old guys are always there and they really appreciate that.

Got the big rod set up for some cat fishing Tuesday morning…..I hope. Probably go catch some small gills and perch for cut bait.  Anyway, broke the ice on fall carpin’.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

PikeKing23

« Reply #77 on: Sep 05, 2021, 07:16 PM »
Nice job. I'm itching for some carp. The ct river is really high right now but once it levels off I think it will be time for some chummin.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #78 on: Sep 06, 2021, 09:55 AM »
Cat fishing tomorrow morning👍👍

Gotta finish up some items for the market and mow the lawn next door today. Might sneak out later and catch some bait.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #79 on: Sep 07, 2021, 07:15 AM »
Got the big skunk this morning. No cats at my favorite spot.  Urgent was running pretty fast. Hade to get a decent drift.

Should have gone for carp. Maybe Thursday. Mowing fairways tomorrow. Market this afternoon.I sure am busy for an old retired guy.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #80 on: Sep 14, 2021, 08:12 AM »
Got put this morning. Got 3 decent carp.
My first mirror carp.

And a bonus catfish. Big one.

Head was 6-7” across. Maybe 24” long. It was thrashing about so I had to get it back in the water.

Fun few hours.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #81 on: Sep 14, 2021, 01:40 PM »
Nice.  👍 
Better than loading and delivering mums….  :P
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #82 on: Sep 14, 2021, 02:07 PM »
I’d have to agree.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #83 on: Sep 14, 2021, 02:10 PM »
2600 since Saturday….. :-\
 Only 250 tomorrow..    8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #84 on: Sep 14, 2021, 02:16 PM »
Think I’d rather mow fairways, collars and approaches. Of which I’ll be doing one or the other at 6:30 tomorrow morning.

But, I’ll be fishing Thursday morning. Have some “punch bait” for catfish. Stinky god awful nasty stuff. I wear PPE when handling it.  I’m gonna set up a second rod and see if I can catch some cats and carp.

Water is cooling and they’re getting more active. Could be a mixed bag of fun.

PikeKing23

« Reply #85 on: Sep 15, 2021, 06:22 AM »
Nice mirror! I took a walk down to my carp hole on Sunday. Still a few weeks away. Water is still too low.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #86 on: Sep 15, 2021, 12:33 PM »
I’ll be out tomorrow morning for a while. Gonna set up another rod with a catfish rig……what the hey!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #87 on: Sep 16, 2021, 08:26 AM »
Couple decent carp this morning.

Got one channel cat. Small one. When I was reeling in the carp rig a pike ( of all things) hit the piece of silicone corn. It was probably 24”. Thing thrashed around after I got the hook out and it slid down the bank into the water. Now my net stinks. Ordered a second bait feeder reel to set up another carp/catfish rod.I’m impressed with the Kastking Sharky III. it’s been flawless for a budget reel.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #88 on: Sep 16, 2021, 08:36 AM »
Also ordered a big bottle of the ProCure Sweet Corn Gel. The stuff is like magic.  Headed to Wally World to pick up another 9’ Ugly Stick Catfish rod. Like I “need” yet another rod…..Love the one I’ve been using.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #89 on: Sep 16, 2021, 02:35 PM »
Nice catch..
 A lot more fun than what I did all day…

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.