MFF US Northeast > Maine

May Trolling

(1/3) > >>

fish wayniac:
I have been out 4 times since the last time I posted.
The first outing I fished solo on a Friday in the rain. I caught 2 Browns that morning.
The second outing we fished a different pond . I will also be staying at a camp there in July. It was a windy rough morning on the water. My steering bracket broke on my kicker motor while fighting the wind. My 70 doesn’t troll down slow enough even with the plate down. So our best move was to motor up the lake and drift fish. We caught 2 Browns  drifting live shiners to salvage the day.
The 3 rd trip was a camping / fishing weekend at Sebago state park. Saturday we threw everything at them and got skunked. Sunday was a game changer. We got 9 Salmon in the boat in 3-1/2 hours. I kept a 17” and Dan kept a 18” .
The Fourth outing was yesterday. Sean and I landed 6 Browns each . We had doubles twice and I lost a good one when I was trying to net mine when he was battling his.
It has been a fun month.

joefishmore:
Nice pictures from a successful angler. What was that chartreuse lure in the fish's mouth ?

fish wayniac:

--- Quote from: joefishmore on May 23, 2021, 07:33 AM ---Nice pictures from a successful angler. What was that chartreuse lure in the fish's mouth ?

--- End quote ---
Hi Joe, The green and silver lure is a speedy shiner.

NBourque:
Nice fish Wayne. Stripers are here.

fish wayniac:

--- Quote from: NBourque on May 23, 2021, 02:19 PM ---Nice fish Wayne. Stripers are here.

--- End quote ---
Nick, I have been hearing reports about the Striper’s showing up as well. I will be after them soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version