FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: News from the local  (Read 1131 times)

rivereddy

News from the local
« on: May 23, 2021, 07:42 AM »
The smallies are on the nest so I did a little creek wading in search of rock bass. I took my ultra light
and a hand full of dinky swimbaits and was not disappointed.  Any pocket of water with any kind of depth
held fish.  I am always amazed at how "ambitious" these little guys can be.  Their hits are well above their
weight class and they will hit just about anything.  Once, on another trip to the Quetico I caught a 5 "
rockbass on a 8" rapala.  I think the poor thing was on for a couple of casts before I realized that the
plug wasn't tracking correctly.

Extra note:  Since this is a cicada year in the midwest I'd advise having a tiny torpedo or two in ones
kit.  When the cicadas start dropping into the water every thing in the river, even naturalized carp will
slurp them off the surface....

fish on,

rivereddy

rivereddy

Re: News from the local
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 08:23 AM »
Wow. I just looked up the report. Sad to hear loss of life involved.

r e

tater140

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 01:49 PM »
I got into town for the farmers market just after the fire had started...  I could tell by how black the smoke was and approx. where it was coming from that it wasn't good.  I never heard the explosion, but I think if we would have been there 5-10 minutes earlier we would have heard it.

tater140

« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2021, 06:57 PM »
I have heard it was a gas leak, and that the building was being worked on.  It was a pretty devastating explosion/fire, hardly any part of the building left. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.