FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Boat Launch Wellsley Island  (Read 1125 times)

Fishin-Mission

Boat Launch Wellsley Island
« on: May 17, 2021, 08:30 AM »
My family has rented a house on Wellsley Island this summer.  I am planning on taking my boat and was wondering if anyone has suggestion where to launch.  I see a lanch at Wellsley State Campground and also at Keewaydin State Park.  Perhaps there are others.  Any guidance or comments on prior experiences would be greately appreciated.   Where would you launch?

mdm25549

Re: Boat Launch Wellsley Island
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 08:14 PM »
There’s a ton of launches up there. It would depend where on the island you’re actually staying

islander65

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 06:30 AM »
Wellsley State park has a nice ramp and marina.

piscesman

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 01:16 PM »
How big of boat?? Wellesley has 2 launches. Bigger one in main marina and smaller one to the right looking out from marina. We have 18' and no problems launching from smaller one. We rent a slip for the week and easy access from our campsite in that area. You should google there and go to satellite image to see what I'm referring to. Fishing was off last year talking from novice to experts. Only managed 2 good size bass in places I don't normally fish. Panfish a different story. Good Luck.......
      Kim

Also by renting a house do you mean private or state? If private on WI past the entrance you would do better launching from there. Pay close attention to unmarked shoals or you will be fishing from the shore..
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.