FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cloudflare  (Read 712 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Cloudflare
« on: Feb 27, 2024, 02:54 PM »
 If you do business on your computer banking. pay bills or shopping I personally wouldn't trust cloudfare to run security checks and put cookies in your computer a little research points this out.... this is dangerous and can be costly ...seriously you need to do a security check on guys talking fishing ...makes no sense to me
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

filetandrelease

Re: Cloudflare
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2024, 04:26 PM »
  I didn’t see any way  to delete it as you can other unwanted crap ,

trapper2000

« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2024, 04:33 PM »
It isn't appearing on my phone and when I checked how it works it does in fact retrieve your computers data...,I'm not hitting that box ....I would think the site could remove this.unless it's something they added

trapper2000

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2024, 04:34 PM »
Be nice if we got some answers

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2024, 01:35 PM »
You got them if you look.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ECobb91

« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2024, 02:55 PM »
Wondering about it as well. Last night cloudflare automatically verified me. Today it’s not showing up. This is the only site that’s done it though

greensider

« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2024, 07:06 PM »
It was doing it on shanty as well

trapper2000

« Reply #7 on: Feb 29, 2024, 04:54 AM »
Questions are why do we need to be verified second who's is cloudfare third why .....and I know they do....do they send cookies in my computer and collect data out of my computer...... RG  I sure did not see those questions answered .by the way I'm here thanks to a burner phone

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2024, 08:29 AM »
Cloudflare is protecting the site from a distributed denial of service attack.  Usually they are automated via scripts so what cloudflare is doing is verifying there is a person visiting the page.

A denial of service attack could be as simple as lines of code calling this website over and over again in very rapid fashion.  Makes the site crawl and overloads the servers the sites hosted on.

Websites for the brands I support for work got hit and affected web performance and registrations. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2024, 03:06 PM »
Real answers to questions.

Thanks!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2024, 03:23 PM »
  I didn’t see any way  to delete it as you can other unwanted crap ,

In your browser settings.  Now keep in mind, that cookie may be used to tell cloudflare you are "ok".  If you clear cookies and cache you will likely be asked to verify again.  Cookies are not harmful, every site has them, some sites wont work with them disabled. 

filetandrelease

« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2024, 03:57 PM »

Ok thanks

trapper2000

« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2024, 06:18 PM »
my answer is simple  cheap tablet  that i will only use here  my home computore  has   medical finacial   tax   and  family information i'm not going to take a chance to many phishing  scams and hacking going on no matter what cloud flair is  inside your firewall i just have to figur out how to do pictures.

greensider

« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2024, 06:32 PM »
It's a pia now trying to get in here keeps having to reload I will probably just bail at this point

Mac Attack

« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2024, 09:07 PM »
It's a pia now trying to get in here keeps having to reload I will probably just bail at this point

I don’t understand.
It takes 5-6 seconds for it to do its thing and then lets you in.  Both on my iPhone and/or my puter.  No input from the individual required.  Just wait a few seconds when you open the website in your browser.

Why all the hubbub from everybody?

If you cannot spare <10 seconds more then maybe you’re too busy and should finish doing what’s making you busy before goofing off here on MFF or IS.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.