FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Delaware and tribs  (Read 1007 times)

oldwolf

Delaware and tribs
« on: Jun 28, 2006, 08:27 AM »
USGS has a real-time water site nationwide giving stream/river readings. I monitor E. Branch of Delaware as we have a hunting/fishing camp on the river. It's up again, as bad or worse, than last year's floods. Want to buy a trailer cheap? For comparison, gage at Harvard read 2.5 ft with a flow of 135 cubic feet per second {right up to the grass} on Opening Day. Today gage read 15.69 ft with 19,500 cfs. I reccomend checking Google-USGS real-time water, then finding gauge listed for stream you're interested in,  before heading off. Check site after fishing, also, so you can have a benchmark to work off in future.

Chucker

Re: Delaware and tribs
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2006, 07:49 PM »
Linky -

http://newweb.erh.noaa.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=bgm&view=1,1,1,1,1,1

Susky is blowing out big-time too.  Records on lots of those gauges. 

Bartman44

« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2006, 07:57 PM »
I monitor the West Branch at Hale Eddy because I fly fish down there this time of year. 3,000 CFS is pretty darn high - I just checked - it's 30,000 CFS at Hale Eddy and rising.  I'd have to  believe that some of the West Branch Angler's Resort log cabins are headed to Port Jervis. Can you spell destruction? My Mohawk aint doing to well either :-\ 

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2006, 06:36 PM »
I know the water on the Big D down in Easton, PA was hitting the RT22 bridge and thats an awfully high bridge.

As for the Susky, well, I'll let pics do the talking:

The pics are from down here by me in PA but it can't be any better up there. I can't even park where I normally do to fish cuz its under water, and its 15 feet above the normal water line of the river.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.