FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PERCH  (Read 24830 times)

Spooled85

Re: PERCH
« Reply #15 on: Jul 01, 2018, 07:43 PM »
They are there but wind was rough and tough to stay on um !

abishop

« Reply #16 on: Jul 01, 2018, 08:02 PM »
Oh, I see the few in the pic. Got you some bonus chrome. Congrats.

boondox

« Reply #17 on: Jul 01, 2018, 09:53 PM »
Nice! And Chrome too.. 

Spooled85

« Reply #18 on: Jul 02, 2018, 06:38 AM »
Thank you , it was a good day to be out minus the wind . Had a great time and had a good Feist !

abishop

« Reply #19 on: Jul 02, 2018, 06:58 PM »
Should be at the Michigan city launch around 630 am. Hope to see others as well. Good luck, should be a nice day with light winds. 

abishop

« Reply #20 on: Jul 03, 2018, 02:57 PM »
Very slow this morning. Kept only 5 that went 7 inches and 3 other throw back 4 inches. Next trip is the weed beds, Saturday hopefully.

boondox

« Reply #21 on: Jul 03, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Very slow this morning. Kept only 5 that went 7 inches and 3 other throw back 4 inches. Next trip is the weed beds, Saturday hopefully.

Some times I find them around the weed beds..  cause there's is more oxygen Givin off by the plants in this warm weather..

abishop

« Reply #22 on: Jul 04, 2018, 06:59 AM »
Yes, the bigger fish usually hang out there also, like tossing them soft shells. Looks like all the bait shops quit picking up the rusties and all I can find now is the creek soft shells. . Unfortunately, there are very limited areas with weeds in lake Michigan, that I know of.

libo

« Reply #23 on: Jul 04, 2018, 11:43 AM »
hi abishop,  I was one of the guys you talked to. we were in a black lund. we ended up catching around 20 perch an not 1 over 7". all went back in. caught some nice fish in early june, but since than its been tough. this might be a tough yr, heard from dnr that a couple of year classes of perch are missing. poor spawn years. good luck , there still are some good ones out there.

abishop

« Reply #24 on: Jul 04, 2018, 12:22 PM »
hi abishop,  I was one of the guys you talked to. we were in a black lund. we ended up catching around 20 perch an not 1 over 7". all went back in. caught some nice fish in early june, but since than its been tough. this might be a tough yr, heard from dnr that a couple of year classes of perch are missing. poor spawn years. good luck , there still are some good ones out there.
I heard from a dnr that the perch should have a better year this year compared to the last two. Guess there are fewer  mussels than usual (not the zebra but the others quava (sp)?  so there is more zooplankton for the perch to eat. Who knows???? Either way, it is a BIG LAKE, have to keep looking.

MC_angler

« Reply #25 on: Jul 04, 2018, 01:19 PM »
Perch recruitment has been spotty for a decade. There was a great spawn in 2015, that's where all the 5-7 inchers are coming from. There are still some from the 2003 (very few), 2005, 2009 yearclasses (off the top of my head, I think those were decent spawns) to give some nice big ones.

Perch is looking up but I don't think it's going to be truly good until those 2015 fish are all 9 and 10 inchers. That will still be a couple years

abishop

« Reply #26 on: Jul 05, 2018, 09:27 AM »
FYI, It is a free launch if your boat is registered in Indiana. Someone said you have to get there early otherwise there is a fee. I believe the first 15 boats putting in at Pastrick Marina is free then they charge 15 bucks. But, don't hold that to me. I do know that the lot you park your boat trailers in isn't very safe. I have heard of guys coming back and having their trucks broken in to. GOOD LUCK. KEEP US POSTED.

boondox

« Reply #27 on: Jul 05, 2018, 01:20 PM »
Michigan dnr is reporting jumbo perch in 25 fow.. in the st joe area.. on their reports page might be a tad different on lake michigan compared to erie.. and we have been sorting threw a lot of 4 to 7 inch perch for the bigger ones too on erie..

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #28 on: Jul 07, 2018, 03:09 PM »
Giving it an honest effort tomorrow, gonna fish to the west. Hope it goes well.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #29 on: Jul 07, 2018, 03:17 PM »
Giving it an honest effort tomorrow, gonna fish to the west. Hope it goes well.
GOOD LUCK, Let us know how u do. Think I will wait till Monday with the west winds.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.