FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I'm Hooked On This Bread!  (Read 14103 times)

seamonkey84

Re: I'm Hooked On This Bread!
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2020, 07:05 AM »
I definitely should of just ordered the yeast when you mentioned it, it jumped $10. But like I said, good thing I have a yeast culture going.
I appreciate the complements, I’m only three loafs in. First times making dough, just mixing in this case, way too easy. I do have an understanding of yeast, as I started making wine/mead again a year ago. The next time I make the berry bread, I’m adding more sugar or all honey (playing off my favorite mead blend). I forgot how acidic/sour the berries can be when it’s not sweetened.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2020, 04:32 PM »
I have yet to flavor any of my breads. I would probably lean towards a garlic herb bread to start. Maybe the next loaf.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

seamonkey84

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2020, 06:51 PM »
Now another issue, the bread knife from a knife set I’m using sucks. I’ve been thinking about getting an electric fillet knife to encourage myself to keep and eat more fish. Would the blades that go with a rapala electric knife work for bread?
Also, I lucked out, I stopped by the grocery store this morning for milk For the kids, and saw that they had received a good shipment of stock in. The shelves were actually full of toilet paper and paper towels! So I ran over to the baking supplies isle and they actually had flour and yeast! I grabbed one 4oz bottle of fleishmanns active dry. It’ll be more convenient to use it than to maintain the starter. I’ll prob keep it going for a bit to compare, and just because it’s something different.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2020, 08:19 PM »
For a knife I just use a Farberware bread  knife. My electeic knife...which I mostly use for cleaning fish... is a Goodwill found, Hamilton Beach. $5 or less i think. Cleaned countless fish and cut many a turkey with that knife.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.