FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Washed out, switched up  (Read 1314 times)

lowaccord66

Washed out, switched up
« on: Aug 23, 2022, 09:07 AM »
I failed to check the radar well before heading to the coast yesterday morning.  Got there and decided not to tempt fate with an east wind and heavy rain.  Doubled back home grabbed the stratos and switched it up.  Biggest one ive landed in a while!

Bartman44

Re: Washed out, switched up
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2022, 09:54 AM »
That's a good one, congrats.  Yeah, we were out at Watch Hill yesterday morning and the rain came down in buckets.  Found out my usually trusty rain gear was no good anymore. I was drenched to skivvies.  Better to find out now than in October. Looking for a new set now, maybe Grundens but looking for more of a spring/fall "keep dry" set rather than breathable summer stuff.   

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2022, 10:42 AM »
I figured getting past the race with the east wind would have been dicey.  I too would have been soaked to the bone!

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2022, 12:43 PM »
Nice pike!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2022, 03:35 PM »
A trip to the salt starts well before you even get there. I know you know that but I find it a perfect time to use these emojis😆😄🤣. With that said, great job on plan B.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2022, 06:43 PM »
A trip to the salt starts well before you even get there. I know you know that but I find it a perfect time to use these emojis😆😄🤣. With that said, great job on plan B.

Well played on the emojis.

Everything looked ok, the bouys looked good, the radar looked ok, tides were ok but somewhere between loading the truck and taking the hour plus drive down the rain picked up significantly. 

It was still "doable" but I really didnt want to do such a long round trip in the rain. 

icefisher47

« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2022, 09:38 PM »
Nice pike
Take a kid fishing

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2022, 10:05 PM »
I failed to check the radar well before heading to the coast yesterday morning.  Got there and decided not to tempt fate with an east wind and heavy rain.  Doubled back home grabbed the stratos and switched it up.  Biggest one ive landed in a while!

How big was it would you estimate?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #8 on: Aug 24, 2022, 06:30 AM »
I hear you Jon. I might run solo tomorrow.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2022, 06:50 AM »
I hear you Jon. I might run solo tomorrow.

Need to leave you a key for the proline.  Take it when im stuck at work.  Then youll have all the tuna range you want. 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2022, 06:00 PM »
I appreciate that man. I have the range but going solo 50 miles with a single 2 stroke is balzy. Plus, if i had a solid crew that knew what they were doing, I would devote the whole day for tuna.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #11 on: Aug 24, 2022, 06:39 PM »
I appreciate that man. I have the range but going solo 50 miles with a single 2 stroke is balzy. Plus, if i had a solid crew that knew what they were doing, I would devote the whole day for tuna.

Lets plan a mission week after next (so my boss cant continue to make fun of me for 4 day work weeks) pick the flattest day and take my boat out.  Me, you and my buddy Ed (hes got the 50 and 80w's) maybe we bring a bladder and hit cambria.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.