FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Last Cast for the Evening  (Read 724 times)

bogtrotter

Last Cast for the Evening
« on: Apr 26, 2023, 05:13 AM »
Lately, with the local streams so high, fast and cold, my younger son and I have been focusing most of our efforts on Fish Pond (Windsor Lake) in North Adams instead.

Generally, all we've been catching have been sunfish, with an occasional perch or crappie thrown in - - although my son (who has a kayak) has managed to land a few large mouth as well - - but, still, it has been more productive than the other available alternatives.

Last night, we went to Fish Pond - - and, although it was relatively clear (a welcome change after the past few days), it was also fairly cool (about fifty degrees) - - and we fished for about an hour and a half after dinner.

Due to the cool temperatures, the fishing action was fairly slow - - not just for us, but the others we saw fishing there as well.

Toward the end of the evening, after we'd caught our typical "bag" for the day (a few sunfish, a crappie and a rock bass), I was getting fairly cold (having been standing in the water in my chest waders for over an hour) and ready to go home, but asked my son to wait while I took "one last cast" before we left.

I'm glad that I did.

The moment my line touched he water, I felt a gratifying tug and the battle was on.

After a brief struggle, I reeled in a nice 15" largemouth bass - - definitely the best fish that I've landed locally since the open water season began a few weeks ago.

lowaccord66

Re: Last Cast for the Evening
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2023, 06:27 AM »
Way to go Jim.  Nice way to end a trip.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.