FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mississenwa crappie  (Read 2172 times)

slayer19

Mississenwa crappie
« on: Mar 23, 2009, 07:19 AM »
Went yesterday evening and caught 10.  Action was good in beginning but slowed quickly.  8 of the 10 were keepers but no monsters.  Black and chartruse jigs in shallow water.  Going again this afternoon and will post an update.

kidd2

Re: Mississenwa crappie
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2009, 10:37 AM »
 yesterday i saw they slowed the release at miss. spillway so i hit it for a couple hours catching quite a few crappie, all sizes, a couple of brutes, saw 2 decent walleyes caught, looked to be around 20 ins. while fishing they slowed the release even more and the bite seemed to slow up it was about the same time the wind direction changed  2-3 pm i was using small jigs 12-14 ins under a bobber the bite was real easy, but they fought pretty good, i'm ready for some warmer water! ;D

slayer19

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2009, 06:45 AM »
I'm going back to some other spots this weekend to see if I can find where they have stacked up again.  Will let you know if any success.

bigr

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2009, 08:41 PM »
Went out today, same place as saturday.Different wind direction,different results.Kept 16 , all 10 to 13inchers. Had the fist action on bluegils, i think the big gils are on there way . Water wasn't bad color but was rising. Should help bring em farther back up rver, Should be just right when you get back fron vac. Winds out of east fish bit the least.

slayer19

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2009, 03:00 PM »
How is the water with all of the rain?  Thinking about going out tomorrow.

Carp

• Nothings better than father & son fishing together
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2009, 03:25 PM »
Hit the Miss yesterday with a couple of buddies trying to catch some eyes actually.  Wheather was cool and cloudy with rain mixed in from time to time... thought it was perfect walleye weather.  We jigged our tails off trolled crank baits, and casted as well.  No Eyes!.. did manage a few decent crappie, so we switched gears and started to Crappie fish instead, and ended up catching a mess.  I was watching 3 gentelmen by the bridge on the rocks just catching one after another, so we beached the boat and I approached them.  I they are members of this site, I sure appreciate the info on your tech.  They fished 2 tube jigs below a float, tossed it out and slowly jigged it back and bam!  They each had a bucket full.  Anyhow we had fun once we caught on to that tech.  in addition to the crappie, one buddy caught about 4 green carp (LM bass), one caught an actual carp, saw 2 bald egale, and one buddy found a wide rack 10 point dead decayed deer in an old spill way (got out of the boat to strech his legs).  All in all not a bad day, but I sure wish we could have found the walleye.
Carp

bigr

« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Doesn't surprise me about your day on the miss,rarely does it let me down. I've been hiting the crappie hard up river above lake. Did hear areport tonight about walleye being caught below dam in last few days. Good Luck , Big R

Edge

« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2009, 08:51 PM »
They fished 2 tube jigs below a float

The tube jig under a spring bobber is deadly!  I've fished the upper part of the property (trails end) quite a bit, you'll catch everything on them.

bigr

« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2009, 08:09 PM »
Can't belief i'm saying this but i'm getting tired of catching crappie.Been keeping a journal of catches and i topped the 1200 fish mark tonight since first of year. Almost glad there talking heavy rain tonight , it will give me an excuse to chase somthing else somewhere else. Heard reliable reports of walleye below miss dam. Rain won't effect discharge for a few days or color either. Give you all a report later in weekend. Good Luck to all

backus

« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2009, 08:31 PM »
Is that 1200 keepers???????    or just 1200 fish??????     I think I caught 1200 tonight.........  but only kept 25....... of course..........

bigr

« Reply #10 on: Apr 02, 2009, 08:50 PM »
Backus you should know,you carried one of my buckets up the hill. If it rains i'll try below dam in the mourning then lets give bass a try saturday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.