FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bluegill Bag Proposal  (Read 4658 times)

FW88

Re: Bluegill Bag Proposal
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2019, 01:46 PM »
Small scale back in 2004 the DNR opened up 2 ponds that they had shut down in markle Indiana. The first few weeks I would go to sport bass fish because of the size. People had stringers 125-200 10 inch plus blue gill.

Go back today and there are 4-6 inch and maybe catch a handful at best.

Small scale about 15 acre pond. But there should be a limit.

fishinator

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2019, 01:51 PM »
Small scale back in 2004 the DNR opened up 2 ponds that they had shut down in markle Indiana. The first few weeks I would go to sport bass fish because of the size. People had stringers 125-200 10 inch plus blue gill.

Go back today and there are 4-6 inch and maybe catch a handful at best.

Small scale about 15 acre pond. But there should be a limit.
Seen the exact same thing happen in a small pond on willow slough property. Completely wiped out in a weekend.

seamonkey84

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2019, 05:48 PM »
Here in Maine, just about every other body of water has it’s own special regulations for limits and minimum sizes, on top of the blanket general law and bag limits. It does make things confusing, as anytime I go to a new lake or the New Years regs come out, I have to check.  but it keeps the fish quality in check.
 Granted it’s all regulations for trout, panfish are basically considered by catch or trash fish, and most are even considered invasive species to the state.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

sprkplug

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2019, 07:26 PM »
Here in Maine, just about every other body of water has it’s own special regulations for limits and minimum sizes, on top of the blanket general law and bag limits. It does make things confusing, as anytime I go to a new lake or the New Years regs come out, I have to check.  but it keeps the fish quality in check.
 Granted it’s all regulations for trout, panfish are basically considered by catch or trash fish, and most are even considered invasive species to the state.

I appreciate hearing about how other states handle the issue. It’s very interesting to me that a state would take the time and effort to tailor regulations to specific lakes. It shows that it can be done. Thanks for posting in this thread!

seamonkey84

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2019, 07:55 AM »
I appreciate hearing about how other states handle the issue. It’s very interesting to me that a state would take the time and effort to tailor regulations to specific lakes. It shows that it can be done. Thanks for posting in this thread!
Your bios/wardens would be earning their keep lol

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

taxid

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2019, 08:30 AM »
As I posted here previously I will be fishing in Maine this summer. I don't have any issues with the laws in Maine and their complexity. I've seen so many fish hogs and game laws violated in my state of Indiana I would welcome them here. Sadly we are so understaffed here I stopped calling in violations, as the last time I called it took 3 days to get a call back. (One I never got a call back on as in people keeping undersize brown trout on a lake chain here that I was instrumental in getting an 18 inch size limit.)

Hopefully things have changed as a relative that is an LEO says we have more CO's in my area now.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

RobertFitz

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2019, 08:08 PM »
Honestly at this point, I just hope my girls and son have as much fun and respect that I've had. It's not only about the fish, it's about the interactions with the people that you get to experience with the ones u fish with, and the ones who get to eat your hard earned catches. Didnt catch as much, fry some more fries. No substantial catches, no reason to fish, at least for me anyways. I love to fish and fished in Alaska, but nothing compares(in my book) to the comratery and the social skills you can acquire while fishing and catching or not catching. I'll still buy a license if it go's to 25. I will catch and release more and tell my kids it's the law and to preserve a amazing sport. I believe some people forget that.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2019, 08:12 PM »
It was $29 and 100 a year for everything hunting fishing ect. Now its $25  and around the same if you but everything. Here in NY. I still buy mine every year and my kids love fishing ice and open water we will have the boat in the water Saturday after the rockies

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.