FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CT River  (Read 3009 times)

jf5

CT River
« on: Jun 14, 2004, 12:35 PM »
Anyone here fish the CT river in MA?? What are you catching?

Muskie Matt

Re: CT River
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2004, 02:32 PM »
The shad run is pretty much all but over. There are stripers that stay all year round and of course smallie fishing is always good. Catfish fishing and pike are an added bonus.

jf5

« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2004, 05:15 PM »
I fish the river from Turners Falls north to the Canadian border. In Ma and VT south of Wells River I usually fish for walleyes, but find the smallmouth fishing is what is great about the river. Also got a 4lb 5oz largemouth last weekend so that was nice. Odd place the CT, have caught trout there, huge channel and white cats up to 8lbs, a few jack pike.  one summer I caught a pair of small sturgeons while drifting crawlers.

Now if I could only get the walleyes more consistanly!!

NEMACHUCK

« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2004, 08:32 PM »
Any one getting walleyes between Holyoke and Turners Falls?  Also does anyone know where to get chart of the river depths in this area.  Just got a new boat and dont want to run a ground.  Thanks.

jf5

« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2004, 01:09 PM »
I havn't been lately, but there are usually some walleye below Turners Falls dam downstream a mile or so.  Boating would be very risky between the dam dowmstream to the mouth of the Deerfield.  Better to work that from shore, although you can fish the mouth of the Deerfield by canoe.

I don't think they have depth charts of the river. But if you find one, please let me know. I would love to have one.

PS A good, but crowded boating area would be Barton cove usptream. Plenty of room for boats, and there should be some walleyes there too.

NEMACHUCK

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2004, 11:08 AM »
Anyone doing any catfishing near the Oxbow part of the CT River.  Looking to do some night fishing on my boat and would like to know if its better to be in the deep pockets or try shallower spots for cats?  Also if you wouldn't mind sharing any areas that you usually catch them that would be great.

jf5

« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2004, 01:32 PM »
Not sure what they are doing on the Oxbow for cats. But they where taking some near the bridges in the Springfield earlier this summer. The Channel cats seem to like the current where they can wait for food to flush down to them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.