FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: hay lure makers what are you building?  (Read 6961 times)

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
Re: hay lure makers what are you building?
« Reply #15 on: Feb 28, 2016, 12:41 PM »
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

boondox

« Reply #16 on: Feb 28, 2016, 01:09 PM »
they look like perch rapala but better quality huntny30..... first thing I thought was wow when I seen those....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Feb 28, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Center pin Josh please post those jigs if you want?

Rg thank you I was going to throw this in the do it your self forum under equipment at the bottom of the home page... if you need to don't feel bad about having to.. I thought it night get more attention in the general chit chat form then down under lol's ... and rg please post them up here would love to see them!

Nah, leave it here so we can see some work from around the country. Those wood carved blanks of yours are awesome. What kind of wood are you using?

Hunt, your lures are looking great. The perch are really nicely done.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

IFF

« Reply #18 on: Feb 28, 2016, 05:32 PM »
I knew there was a reason to save a bunch of cloths pins.....Love the assembly line.
*¿*  Bud

Huntny30

« Reply #19 on: Feb 28, 2016, 05:34 PM »
Thanks guys...I'm enjoying it...I hope to net some fish with them in their mouths...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

boondox

« Reply #20 on: Feb 29, 2016, 11:20 AM »
Nah, leave it here so we can see some work from around the country. Those wood carved blanks of yours are awesome. What kind of wood are you using?

Rg

bass wood is a little tougher then balsa if you use basla "is for floats" you need to run a wire threw the body so you can attach the hooks screws will rip out of balsa to easily.... bass wood "is for lures" is easy to carve I just cut the general shape out with the scroll saw then start rounding the edges with sand paper.... you must have a scroll saw rg cause I know you got a wood shop? the bill for the fish you can get plastic polycarbonate sheets at freckleface.com and cut chunks out coffin shape to a round bill shapes... skies the limits there... same with the bodies you can fill them with lead and sand the lead smooth and paint them so you don't see it so they will suspend... there so many options it not funny..... but also thanks for the kind and awesome comments..... 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: Feb 29, 2016, 03:58 PM »
I was thinking basswood too. Well, that's a project for another day.

Jigs....jigs......jigs :clapping: I'm getting ready for crappies and gills.

A few samples.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Huntny30

« Reply #22 on: Feb 29, 2016, 04:48 PM »
They look great RG!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Feb 29, 2016, 05:11 PM »
Thanks. I go through quite a few fishing the junk for crappies.

Rg

perchgypsy

« Reply #24 on: Feb 29, 2016, 08:17 PM »
Like them style heads rg round  ones with no collar...
I like a slim profile
All m y panfish jigs are no collar..

boondox

« Reply #25 on: Feb 29, 2016, 10:52 PM »
very nice color combos rg I like the yellow and orange two tone the best is it on a perch eye style jig head?  oh the powder paint if you shoot docks and cast under docks and your used to getting a lot of paint chips.  you won't have to worry very much any more with the powder paint about chipped jig heads just a tip...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Mar 01, 2016, 03:07 AM »
Like them style heads rg round  ones with no collar...
I like a slim profile
All m y panfish jigs are no collar..

Those are rpdog's jig head pattern. I really like them a lot.

The orange/yellow is one of my go to patterns for big gills and perch. Anything with pink is a crappie combo.

Rg

IFF

« Reply #27 on: Mar 01, 2016, 04:45 AM »
[quote

A few samples.

Rg
[/quote]

What I found was just as affective was to trim the marabou even with the hook bend, and tip the barb with goldenrod grub, spike, or maggot for the pannies.
*¿*  Bud

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: Mar 01, 2016, 02:08 PM »
I'll keep it in mind if the fish don't cooperate.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #29 on: Mar 01, 2016, 03:11 PM »
I'll keep it in mind if the fish don't cooperate.

Rg

hear I am imagining the movie pcu were they tossed the cafeteria food mainly "meat" on the crowd  below  and after in the movie is ware  poor "moon beam" part of the campus political correctness squad screams out meat tosser stop the violator! you have to be there to see correlation to  the meat on the hook for the fly fisher men that are strict fly only fly  fishermen to bad I am not good with photo shop that would be a good photo right now  of moon beam with a fraze that say stop the violator.. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.