FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Garage Door rod holders?  (Read 1163 times)

Gillgrabber

Garage Door rod holders?
« on: Jun 24, 2019, 10:58 AM »
I bought a few new rods and need to store them as my old rod rack is full.  I've seen advertisements for rod holders that mount horizontally on the inside of your overhead garage door.  I thought it was a clever idea and a creative use of existing space: however, I started wondering if the vibration of the garage door going up & down every day causes any damage or wear on the rods.  Some of my rods are rather expensive so I thought I'd check out these rod holders before buying one.  Anyone using them?  Thoughts good or bad?

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
Re: Garage Door rod holders?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2019, 01:26 PM »
I undertook rod storage issues in the last couple months.  I saw the garage door ones but frankly I thought they looked like a headache and a problem waiting to happen.  I had some reclaimed lumber I was holding on to so I used that and made three sets of this style.  One for the garage, one for my barn and one for the basement.  Also used a recycled shipping crate to get my tackle bags and stuff off the floor and hold the rods I happen to using most recently.  I was going to store the garage rods over top of the door tracks but I don't have quite enough room to feel comfortable with them there. 

Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.