FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ocean Lake and Boysen  (Read 1895 times)

lingrus

Ocean Lake and Boysen
« on: May 17, 2007, 09:09 PM »
I made a trip south to Ocean Lake on Tuesday morning.  They have a new boat ramp at Dickinson Park.  The rest of the work is not done yet.  But it appears there will be a dock there too.  A new outhouse is sitting there but the door is locked.  There is construction equipment is still on site so I guess that they will be working on it again soon.  I was surprised that no one was there working Tuesday or Wednesday.  It should provide a good lake access point when finished.

We stayed there overnight and fished Tuesday and the Wednesday morning.  Fishing was very poor.  I got one nice perch Tuesday afternoon near Long point.  Mid-day Wednesday, we pulled out and headed for Boysen.  We set up the camper at tough Creek and fished that general area.  Wednesday evening produced two walleyes 18 and 19" and one perch.  Thursday only gave up one walleye.  They were nice chunky fish.  And we missed several others Wednesday evening.  The action came in about 12 feet of water.  We were pulling floating worm harnesses behind bottom bouncers.

And an aside on Glendo, I got a picture the other day in an email.  My brother's grandson pulled and 8 pounder out of the weeds.

Good luck and enjoy the crowds over Memorial Day.   Myself, I quit fishing weekends and holidays when I retired.
A boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.