FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall Pike baits  (Read 2931 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Fall Pike baits
« Reply #15 on: Sep 23, 2023, 06:59 AM »
killer bait but a pain to get out when they take it deep.

The worst.  I have some jaw spreaders in the glove box of the boat for these situations.

TomFish

« Reply #16 on: Oct 06, 2023, 07:32 AM »
I got out pike fishing yesterday and a chartreuse and orange double bladed Mepps spinner was the magic weapon.

I caught a pike and a bass on an orange chatterbait as well. 
I wanted to try other color (single blade) spinners but i didn't want to downsize my lure after a 30" pike took the #5 double blade to the back of her gills. I figured bigger was better in hopes of catching them in the lips and didn't have any more incidents.

I ended up not trying my wonderbread pattern jerk bait just to avoid the 6 hook points plus teeth in the kayak. If i was in a boat it would have tried a couple other lures, but the double blade worked like magic.

westernmas

« Reply #17 on: Oct 06, 2023, 11:09 AM »
I got out pike fishing yesterday and a chartreuse and orange double bladed Mepps spinner was the magic weapon.

I caught a pike and a bass on an orange chatterbait as well. 
I wanted to try other color (single blade) spinners but i didn't want to downsize my lure after a 30" pike took the #5 double blade to the back of her gills. I figured bigger was better in hopes of catching them in the lips and didn't have any more incidents.

I ended up not trying my wonderbread pattern jerk bait just to avoid the 6 hook points plus teeth in the kayak. If i was in a boat it would have tried a couple other lures, but the double blade worked like magic.

Congrats!  Sounds like a great day.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.