FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: sorry about pigs  (Read 3859 times)

reubenpa

sorry about pigs
« on: Apr 03, 2004, 08:50 AM »
That thread was not an april fools. I found a article and thought it was hilarious and disgusting. But I never thought to explain why I posted it, so was taken out of context. I am sorry and please forgive me.  I am not a pig and chicken lover, except to eat them of course.
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: sorry about pigs
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2004, 09:21 AM »
Reuban, that is exactly what I thought happened even before you told me.  I went back and read all of your other posts, literally, and made that determination.  Unfortunately, not all of our members have the time to do that. 

From my perspective, I appreciate your apology as will everyone else, I think.  Looking back at the article, it was funny but made me want to puke at the same time.  I'd also like to thank the members that voiced their opinions privately about it, that's what will maintain the integrity of this site.  We all have an obligation to make this the best site on the net whether we know it or not, and to your fellow members.  In this case, Reuban was with us all the way, we jes din knew it! ;)  I'm sure that he learned the same lessen that many of us found out the hard way too, that you have to disclose exactly what you mean, because what gets typed and posted can be interpreted many different ways.  For those of you that want to hunt this poor guy down, put away your weapons, he's cool and on our side, 100%! ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2004, 07:59 PM »
Reuben,
It's easy to misunderstand a post.

Don't be too hard on yourself.....that's our job ;D ;D

Canandaigua next Sunday??? Weather permitting!

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

reubenpa

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2004, 08:05 PM »
won't be able to sunday, but any other day would work, sorry

broken rod

• CPR
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2004, 08:14 PM »
dang it i go to sleep for a couple of hours and i must of missed a good one  ;D
tight lines, chuck

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2004, 08:52 PM »
This box sitting in front of me (and each of you when you post to a topic or email someone) is an interesting media for communication. It is so easy to compose your words and intend one thing, and yet have the words sent, take on a meaning to someone else that you never intended.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

reubenpa

« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2004, 08:57 PM »
thats the truth...  the title "poor pigs and chickens"  was very sarcastic but it didn't appear that way with the voice intonations not being there!! lol  THe stories were VERY disgusting and the logic was very hilarious and stupid!!!!!!!!  You should check out the peta site sometime, but only when you are in a good mood, it can make you mad. I had to get out of there before I went crazy

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2004, 09:31 PM »
Yeh, just read the PETA topic on this site for the first time. Just to see the four letters, especially in this MFF haven I spend way too much time within, makes my skin crawl. Time to go "talk" about fun fishing things, off to some of the other MFF topics . . .

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #8 on: Apr 04, 2004, 12:12 PM »
wow reuben, I thought we lost you for a minute there. welcome back.

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

reubenpa

« Reply #9 on: Apr 04, 2004, 09:10 PM »
didn't miss much just a little misunderstanding!! lol

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #10 on: Apr 05, 2004, 11:50 AM »
Thanks reuben for clearing this up.

I agree PETA is a very radical group, but take comfort in knowing that the IRS is now investigating them and there non-profit status is gonna come into play.

Jon

(IN MY OPINION)

"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

reubenpa

« Reply #11 on: Apr 05, 2004, 11:52 AM »
thats good to knwo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.