FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Looking for a 16 ft boat  (Read 5160 times)

nuke1neil

Looking for a 16 ft boat
« on: Mar 06, 2004, 07:11 PM »
I'm in Chester Co.Pa.,looking for a aluminum boat,no motor and probably a trailer.I only fish in elec motor only lakes.Have two young kids so a 16 is roomy and stable.My brother has a 16 starcraft and it works out nice.Of course I'm looking for a good buy.Any leads would be appreciated.Email is [email protected] consider a 14.Thanks.

Semper Fi

Re: Looking for a 16 ft boat
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2004, 08:31 AM »
Good luck, Nuke. I posted a similiar note and after several weeks, I took it down. Must'nt be any river boats, used, for sale in Pa. I'm looking at a new Tracker Grizzly. More money than I was thinking of spending, but at least I get to put in the first dent.

LOL, Semper Fi  :D
I worked all my life and retired to hunt and fish. What a good investment!!

rob3197

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2004, 05:20 PM »
nuke1neil,

try Reading boat works in READING PA. a friend of mine just traded in his 16 you ight be able to get a good deal on it. or maybe you could get a deal on a new one.   hope this helps you out.

rob

nuke1neil

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2004, 07:37 PM »
thanks for the replies,probably quite a few people looking for the same thing.I'm in no rush,so I have that going for me.Will call Reading.

Thor

« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2004, 09:19 PM »
nuke1neil,

You may want to try viewing a weekly publication called "The Paper Shop".  It is a local classified ad magazine from NE PA that sells cars, trucks, boats, furniture, etc.

The areas that it covers may be somewhat far for you to travel, but many of these NE PA locations are along the Susquehanna, so it's fairly common to find good deals on boats.

You can browse the publication on the Internet at www thepapershop . com.  I believe the sellers' phone numbers are hidden unless you electronically "subscribe" to that week's issue ($1 or $2), but you can view the descriptions and prices and then subscribe only if you want to contact a seller.  Good luck.

nuke1neil

« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2004, 06:05 PM »
Thanks a lot Thor,Ill give that a try.

Husky Jerk

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2004, 02:38 PM »
WWW.EBAY.COM
WWW.TRADERONLINE.COM

YOU CAN FIND THEM A DIME A DOZEN.  WELL I WISH A DIME. 

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2004, 03:30 PM »
If your still interested and willing to travel there is a 14'er on the ny board under the "wanted" thread.
Harold

nuke1neil

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2004, 06:42 PM »
Thanks guys,I'm still on the trail.Saw one on the way to work,was in a bad spot to pull over and did'nt have time to turn back.Of course on the way home it was gone.I'm telling myself it probably leaked anyway!

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2004, 09:58 PM »
Hello Neil.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya. I run into a good deal now and then. WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

nuke1neil

« Reply #10 on: Mar 21, 2004, 07:15 PM »
Thanks WK,I'm not in a huge rush,which is a plus.Seems like when you're in a hurry you wind up paying more.If I'm patient the right deal will come by.

lilwill19

« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2004, 10:45 AM »
Did you ever consider looking at a public auction, or a State sale.  My cousin's husband is looking at a 16 1/2 ft. right now and he might get it for $300-$400.  It has a 65 horsepower Mercury on the back of it and a decent trailer.  The boat was made in the late 80's.  A guy he knows bought the boat thinking he would use it at Blue Marsh, but ended up never using it and he only paid $200.00 at a State auction.
Fish On!!!

nuke1neil

« Reply #12 on: Mar 22, 2004, 05:47 PM »
I'll consider anywhere if the boat and price is right.I looked at one the other day but the guy would'nt sell it without the motor.I won't use the motor so don't want to pay the extra bucks and then have to resell it.Unless it's a great deal,then I won't care.Time is on my side,I'll be patient.Thanks for the input.

treed942000

• Bailee and Sandee
« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2004, 02:38 PM »
Hey Nuke

Depending on how far you want to travel, the Baltimore Sun has a section in the classifieds dedicated to Boats.  The web address is www.baltimoresun.com  There's always a lot of ads for the PA area in it also.

Hope this helps.

TReed
Tight Lines,
TReed

Open Water @ www.myfishfinder.com Icy Conditions @ www.iceshanty.com Hunting @
www.myhuntingforum.com

nuke1neil

« Reply #14 on: Mar 24, 2004, 07:48 PM »
Thanks Treed.I'm on it.I work down in that direction.Good idea.N1N

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor