FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Re: Susquehanna River, North Branch  (Read 4217 times)

wall_eyez

• Looking for Walter Walleye!
Re: Susquehanna River, North Branch
« on: Mar 08, 2004, 05:02 PM »
OK, why was the Delaware moved?? Are you trying to tell me that the Delaware River is not an extremely popular Flowage in Pennsylvannia that deserves reports???

Please explain.

Lou D.
If I'm not online, I'm out fishin!!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2004, 09:41 PM »
Lou, moved it temporarily.  I'm setting up the reports threads and I was going to merge your's back in.  Just haven't done it yet.  The way it worked in Iceshanty was that the thread was set up with specific information valuable to users in the first post, then people post reports later.  That way, a new user can click on the thread and get info that they need (see the current Delaware River post that I put there).  With Iceshanty, I was able to go in and modify that first post (not changing what the poster said) and insert that information above it.  Scott hasn't added that feature yet.  Also, you spelled the river incorrectly and I was going to fix that too.  But, right now the only way to do it is to merge your post and mine and change the title (since I can't modify yet).  That's where I am, just haven't done it yet.  Eventually, things will work smoother.  So, I temporarily moved your original post to the General page thinking more people would see it and answer you until I had a chance to merge it back.

No offense intended, just trying to keep organized.

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2004, 09:46 PM »
Lou, one other thing.  I'll have a post for the Lower Delaware too soon.  I'll eventually split this topic and keep these comments on the General board too since they really have nothing to do with fishing reports.  But, people will find them interesting and maybe understand how this will be organized.

And also, the General page (in this case, the PA board) is pretty much anything goes with posting.

And also, there was no way for you to know any of this, I realize that.  Most Iceshanty members, at least in the state boards that were managed like this, have some experience with it.  On those boards, Scott posted instructions.  Keep in mind that this site is still in it's infancy, so much work needs to be done...including instructions and explanations  ;)

Make sense?  Feel free to IM me if you want to.

wall_eyez

• Looking for Walter Walleye!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2004, 10:47 PM »
For some reason when I click on your ID I get an Error Message, so unless I am doing something wrong, I can't IM at this time. I was posting pretty frequently on the IceShanty Board, thats why the transition over here was easy, and I know I didn't set up the thread correctly at first, but then went back and edited it, then when I found it was moved I was sort of irked...but no offense taken. I just want to try and get some fellow Walleye and Bass fisherman talking about the Delaware, good locations and hot spots, what type of presentations to use, etc.

I would also like to get some Lake Threads started on a few of my Spring & Summer Favorites, ie Beltzville, Nockamixon, Wallenpaupack and Minisink (a smaller Lake with a nice Bass population).

Being one of the hardest fish to catch, as you know, any and all information is eagerly anticipated. I fish year round. The only thing I don't own is a Boat (at least not now, used to have one and made frequent trips to the Susky for Smallies and Walleye). I had some really good days on the Susky, when the water levels were good. Mostly fished below TMI, never really hit the Northern sections.

Anyway, thanks for the Explanation. Splitting the Delaware is probably a good idea, as most people refer to it as either the Upper or Lower Delaware.

Tight Lines 8)

Lou D.

wall_eyez
If I'm not online, I'm out fishin!!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2004, 10:54 PM »
OK Lou, thanks for the suggestions.  I'll make sure that they are all there.  I merged your Delaware post and mine, and will rename it to the upper Delaware tomorrow.  As soon as I saw your first post and I moved it, I started one for the Delaware and was going to put yours back.  But, the tools aren't quite there.

Right now, looks like only the moderators can start new threads on the lakes and rivers pages, so let me know if you want more, I can do.  Or, if you post one on the general like you did this last time and want it moved to the lakes or rivers page, let me know and I'll do that.

I think that I saw that there is some sort of thing about the IM where you have to have at least 5 posts on MFF before the IM works.  Post a few more times and then give it a try.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2004, 06:26 PM »
Wall_Eyez/Lou,

I am the moderator of this board and FatBoy is the Global Moderator,  (he has Global Control).  This means that you can let me or Kevin know about any problems or issues that come up.  I letn Kevin know right away about your Del. River concerns and I will always try to help ASAP.

Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.