FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Looking to catch some "EYES"  (Read 3842 times)

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
Looking to catch some "EYES"
« on: Mar 17, 2004, 02:36 PM »
Looking to get some help locating some Walleyes on the Delaware River.  Just a general location and a tip or two on tactics.  Appreciate any and all help provided.  Also if anyone wants to take me and show me a spot or two we can use my boat, if a bass boat will work on the river.

Thanks again,
Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

Dizzy

Re: Looking to catch some "EYES"
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2004, 08:43 AM »
What part of the Delaware are you most likely to fish? I am familiar with the "Belvidere-to-Rieglesville" stretch and I would say that a bass boat w/ prop motor would be OK except that you will probably be confined to the pools that the launch ramps are located in. Further south into Bucks county might be a different story however.

As far as tactics I'm probably not the best source of info for prespawn walleye. 3" plactics (shad or twistertail) fished slowly on a small jighead seems to be a popular idea (hasn't been money for me yet though). Look for holes or current breaks in the areas of feeder streams and fish during lowlight conditions.

Last weekend the river temp was 41° at Easton which is pretty cold. I'm hoping today's weather will warm things up a bit despite the snow run-off.

Good luck...  I'll follow up if I start hitting them!

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2004, 09:22 AM »
Steve,

ROFLMAO,  I was wondering why noone hit on my baiting of the Jarheads?  I was reading your post and I saw your signature line.  That's a good one buddy.  I live in lower Bucks close to the river.  I don't know much about the river,  but I am from MN and I have some tatics that may not be as popular out here.  If you find some fish or have any specific questions,  give me a shout.

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2004, 12:16 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, thought nobody was going to respond.  The area that will most likely work for me is the area from Milford to Easton area because of the drive from Newburgh NY.  I also have a small, 10' john boat that I could use but it only has an electric motor on it, but if that will work for the river I could use it.  I really have no idea what to expect once I get there but would like to get into some walleyes for once so any and all info is appreciated.

Thanks again and tight lines to all.

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

bayonne

« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2004, 08:52 PM »
on the jersey side rt 80 vistors center down steam of the ramp is 30 - 50 ft deep use a fish finder  to locate them the pa side has rocks and boulders the jersey side weed lines and flats

upsavr

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2004, 05:51 PM »
i'll fish with ya
i am in easton pa  i go to lafayette college

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.