FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bass flys  (Read 2643 times)

fastribs85

bass flys
« on: Jun 07, 2004, 10:16 PM »
alright guys i posted this on the bas board also any ideas about flys for bas cought my first fish and was a bass on my long pole it was a blast was using poppers and had an idea for making some flys before i go back in a couple months any ideas what would be fun was looking for some type of small sunfish pattern lots of little gills and sunfish in the lake and the bass love them
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Cider

Re: bass flys
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2004, 02:20 PM »
Hey fastribs - I'm not sure what it is you are asking here??  ???  Are you looking for patterns for tying your own poppers or just looking for what's available and sources?

Bass Pro Shops has an excellent selection of poppers, hair bugs, frogs, mice, foam spiders, minnows/bass streamers, and other terestrial bass flies by Betts, Fly H2O, Umpqua, Accardo & Pecks, and their own brand name.

That would be a good source for commercially available flies or for ideas from pictures to tie your own!

Yes, I agree with you 100%.  Bass on a flyrod/popper rig is an awesome thing!  You couldn't ask for a better fight when you tie into a scrappy smallie with a limber flyrod!  It is rocket science either and is a really rewarding way to start learning about flyfishing how-to.

fastribs85

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2004, 09:57 PM »
cider i was catching largemouth in a samll pond in upstate pa using my trout panfish pole not even a heaver fly pole and i am looking for any suggestions on patterns that i can tie especially a bluegil or sunfish pattern crayfish pattern or a dragon fly pattern that is really easy and doest take much time since my skills are very limited i just started tying recently and mostly to nymphs and streamers simple ones till i get the hang of it but thanks for the info ill look it up

Cider

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2004, 08:10 AM »
Okay fastribs, I understand now.  I had a feeling that is the info you were "fishin" for!  Be patient.  I am working on an idea to add a board to this section where we can post recipes for fly patterns along with pictures and any tips on tying them.  It would be kinda cool to compile all that in one area so that we can have a reference to go to for some of our favorite flies as well as learning of new ones!!  ;D

fastribs85

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2004, 11:24 AM »
well cider i have a fly and i am still trying to figue=re out all the ingrediants maybe someone can tell me what it is when you get that started someone said it looks like some type of pheasent tail dry fly because thats what the materials look like ???

Cider

« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2004, 03:16 PM »
can you take a picture of it and post it?  Maybe we could help you figure out what it is if we can see it!  Thanks!

fastribs85

« Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2004, 10:25 PM »
cider ill have to dig it out of the box and get a picture of it but with it being a dry fly ive caught trout in feb. and march when there is no ice with this thing only a few but i caught them ill get that pic asap

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.