FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What to do what to do?!  (Read 1974 times)

taxid

What to do what to do?!
« on: May 15, 2018, 08:47 PM »
Going on a solo vaca next month for a couple of weeks. The wife will be with students in Germany for a month. (She's a German teacher). Other the a 5 day workshop in NH on casting and molding fish I'm free as a bird! Going to fish some old haunts in Mass and maybe New Hampshire. Camping baby in my Cabela's Alaskan Guide Model tent!

So do I just take my Hobie kayak put it on a small trailer, or put it on top of the SUV, or try and slide it mostly into the SUV (It's only 9 feet 6 inches long). Or do I take my larger boat and motor and haul the Hobie inside? Only problem is I want to get a custom cover made for the bigger boat if I do that (the old one wore out years ago) if I put the Hobie inside the boat for hauling.  First place I called wouldn't be able to start on the cover until after my vacation.

I'm leaning on trying to find someone that can make the boat cover sooner and take both boats.

Thoughts?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
Re: What to do what to do?!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 05:21 AM »
Just a heads up, June 23-24, 2018 are Free Fishing Days in NY. During Free Fishing Days/Weekends, anyone can fish the fresh waters of New York State and no fishing license is required! All other freshwater fishing regulations still apply. https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_pdf/fishguide.pdf

Just in case it happens to coincide with your travels, or gadabout...
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

taxid

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 06:20 AM »
Just a heads up, June 23-24, 2018 are Free Fishing Days in NY. During Free Fishing Days/Weekends, anyone can fish the fresh waters of New York State and no fishing license is required! All other freshwater fishing regulations still apply. https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_pdf/fishguide.pdf

Just in case it happens to coincide with your travels, or gadabout...

Thanks for the heads up Bart!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 08:18 AM »
Take both. Lots of great options in NH & MA in both fresh and salt.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 09:11 AM »
I gave up trailering with covers on the boat years ago, it beats them up. Either way you go, have fun!

taxid

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Take both. Lots of great options in NH & MA in both fresh and salt.

Would like to but if I can't get a cover for the bigger boat soon enough...

taxid

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 09:13 AM »
I gave up trailering with covers on the boat years ago, it beats them up. Either way you go, have fun!

Interesting. I back mine in and out of my three car garage here at home, but hate to have it sit in the rain outside if I don't have to.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 09:24 AM »
Yeah, I never keep the cover on while transporting the boat either. Definitely beats up the cover from my experience. I always take the cover with me and just cover the boat until I am ready to head out on the water once I am at my destination.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 01:39 PM »
Same here with not trailering covered.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 02:22 PM »
If I trailered with my boat cover on, how would it ever get cleaned of all the leaves and pine needles?

taxid

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 08:38 AM »
definitely take both!!!!  you know you want to. :laugh:

:flex:

TinkerS

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 10:37 AM »
I would go with Kayak on roof and the boat in tow, should be able to use either kayak or boat without having to mess with the other.  Kayak mostly in the SUV sounds like an open hatch back or window going down the road = wind noise and dust, dirt or mosquitos could all enter.  Good luck and have fun!

taxid

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 08:06 PM »
Thank you all for the kind comments!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.