FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 5/15/16 King Salmon  (Read 2771 times)

killitandgrillit

5/15/16 King Salmon
« on: May 15, 2006, 08:21 AM »
Fished lake Superior Sunday. We ended up taking 2 nice kings and a couple of coho. Here's a picture of the biggest King, which the DNR Biologist weighed in at 12 pounds and change.

"I fish because I love to; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience; because maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but suspect so many other concerns of men equally unimportant- and not nearly so much fun."

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
Re: 5/15/16 King Salmon
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:33 AM »
nice fish man..keep'em coming
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

killitandgrillit

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 08:38 AM »
Thanks bro. Just warming up for the Tourny, esp. State vs State.
"I fish because I love to; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience; because maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but suspect so many other concerns of men equally unimportant- and not nearly so much fun."

devil-man

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 08:53 AM »
Nice fish!  ;D
But you'll have to do better than that.

Just warming up for the Tourny, esp. State vs State.

killitandgrillit

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 09:00 AM »
Just stretching bro. Dont wanna blow a hamstring pulling the 35 pounder in the boat.

flockshot

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 09:09 AM »
i cant wait to throw our st.maries atlantics at you guys..its gonna be tons of fun.lol...im not sure if kings count this year...but keeping comin for the anything tourney.

killitandgrillit

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 09:13 AM »
I just checked the "questions and gripes" and apparently the only salmon that will be allowed in the tourny are Kokanee salmon. There goes my edge.

flockshot

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 09:15 AM »
atlantics count too...your only 2 hours from the best inland atlantic run in the country

killitandgrillit

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 09:47 AM »
Flock, are you talking about the St. Mary's River?

flockshot

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 09:48 AM »
yep.

carpcatcher

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 11:56 AM »
Nice catch KG, keep those big water fish comin.
       Jim
Love 2 fish

killitandgrillit

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Thanks CC, there will be lots more to come

Flock- yeah, I would really like to try the St. Mary's for Atlantics sometime.

hookemandcookem

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Nice fish! thanks for the pictures
HookemandCookem

Deposit

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 12:34 PM »
Nice one! WTG :clapping:

killitandgrillit

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 01:11 PM »
Flock,
   I'm trying to get a trip planned for late June for Atlantics. I know I got one taker so far...hopefully we slam 'em!

Thanks Deposit, hookemandcookem.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.