FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A couple Cayuga Lake questions  (Read 1143 times)

00Fisher00

A couple Cayuga Lake questions
« on: Mar 18, 2011, 04:10 PM »
This time of year, on the East side near union springsish, can anyone tell me where a public boat launch is? I bought a boat recently and i'm very impatient! I want to be out on some open water! Another ? is i see on some posts on here people talk about some islands they fish around and produce some decent #'s of perch, and was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction. Im not asking for your hotspot(s), just a little help to put things in gear

barkman49

Re: A couple Cayuga Lake questions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2011, 07:48 PM »
looking at map there is a launch at hibiscus point and at frontenac park dosen't look to be to far from union springs  the only Island i see is frontenac island off from the park . don;t know for sure but that is what  the map shows . i have a sportsman's connection map guide.
Del, may we all fish on

00Fisher00

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2011, 07:04 AM »
Yeah after i posted i scanned the lake with google earth and frontenac looks like the only one to me also..

Gamma Fish

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2011, 07:24 AM »
Yeah after i posted i scanned the lake with google earth and frontenac looks like the only one to me also..
Besides the big launch at Union Springs (Frontenac), you can launch in the fishing access site in the canal at the intersection of Rt 5 & 20 on the north end of the lake.  great fishing up and down the canal for big perch, crappies, sunfish, catfish etc !    Great place to fish if it's too windy for the lake.
  On the West side, you can launch at Cayuga Lake State Park or farther south at Deans Cove.
Plastics are Fantastic !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.