FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: just came over from ice shanty  (Read 5115 times)

jrmPikeFreak

• I will die with a rod in my hand!!!
just came over from ice shanty
« on: Mar 08, 2009, 09:52 PM »
new to this site, been over on ice shanty for two years i hope to see people from shanty hear and hope to meet new people.

My fishing partner for life!!!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: just came over from ice shanty
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2009, 10:30 PM »
What's happening pikefreak.I was looking into the back pages of this site. Does'nt seem like the open water guys talk as much as the shanty guys, maybe we can change that. My first season on ice shanty, it was pretty cool.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fish up!!

• Gotta love them smallies!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2009, 12:49 AM »
Hey pike freak I just did the same thing my ice fishing is over now just waiting for the open water. I ran into some really cool guys on ice shanty hope to do the same here !! ;D

silvercreeker

« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2009, 06:00 AM »
Me too, looks like the link on Iceshanty worked to get us to this site...ice shelters away, boats at the ready!

devo

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2009, 06:28 AM »
My buddy, Uncle Bobby fell through the ice at the N. end of Conesus on Saturday and was in the water for about 45 minutes.   :'( (He's Ok but it was a close one.  Its not worth pushing it.
    Time to dust off the long rods!

jkoegel

• Born to fish, forced to work.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2009, 07:19 AM »
I figured I'd give a shout out here since I just did the same thing. Finished up my ice season with a day on irondequoit Saturday. Ice was melting fast with the rain.
Good to see a lot of Ice Shanty guys coming over here.

FishTank19

• There ain't no fish in this lake.....
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2009, 07:20 AM »
I made it too this site is looking better and better every day.
NYS Licensed Guide #6652. Need a guide for the Pulaski area give me a call 315-807-7844.

MeatHunter737

• GutPileStyle
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2009, 09:56 AM »
found Iceshanty this past winter and moving on over here,... switching tackle...

fishermantim4

« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2009, 10:22 AM »
as being a larger guy, i dusted off the long rods and gave up on the ice after the first warm spell, hopefully get into some spring steel before the ice gets out the way for the spring perch and crappies
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

Partyman

« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2009, 10:48 AM »
I was a first time Ice Shanty man this year and a newbie to this site. Seemed like a bunch of nice guys from Shanty and think it would be cool to get togheter with some for some open water fishin. I'm from Henrietta and fish conesus, Irondequiot and the ponds mostly. Never to much into Trout/Salmon fishing but would love to try it out this year. Really bummed the ice is gone, but definetely ready to bust out the big sticks. What now with the iceburgs and mudd in the way?!
A bad day fishin' is better than a good day workin'!

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #10 on: Mar 09, 2009, 11:03 AM »
I was a first time Ice Shanty man this year and a newbie to this site. Seemed like a bunch of nice guys from Shanty and think it would be cool to get togheter with some for some open water fishin. I'm from Henrietta and fish conesus, Irondequiot and the ponds mostly. Never to much into Trout/Salmon fishing but would love to try it out this year. Really bummed the ice is gone, but definetely ready to bust out the big sticks. What now with the iceburgs and mudd in the way?!
new to this site, been over on ice shanty for two years i hope to see people from shanty hear and hope to meet new people.
I just moved here from the cuse....live in chili now....you henrietta guys r pretty close to me ....maybe we can get together and chase some trout...i am also on the hunt, but not too much experience with the steelies etc., or i will be hitting the ponds for perch, at least that is if there is room left on the bank???? i hear it can get pretty crazy up there?!?!?!?!? anyway PM me if u want to explore some trout hole or just need someone to sit next to you on the bank. good luck to all!!!

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

Partyman

« Reply #11 on: Mar 09, 2009, 12:34 PM »
I just moved here from the cuse....live in chili now...
Yeah definetely game to try out some trout/salmon spots, and its always nice to have some pals to share the fun with. I know of a few places around, but not much. Nor do I know at what times the fish are running... We'll have to get some threads posted for around here so we dont miss out on any action. I have a 14ft deep V with a 15hp on it. Setup pretty nice for fishing.

What kinda rides are you guys sporting??

Joe
A bad day fishin' is better than a good day workin'!

buckclub

« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2009, 01:00 PM »
whats up guys, first ice shanty and MFF year as well.  Can't wait to get out for some early browns and lakers.  Then walleye season

Lund sss

• Tight Lines, Steve
« Reply #13 on: Mar 09, 2009, 01:32 PM »
Welcome Gentlemen,

Theres a lot of great guys/gails here. Lets try to make this an OPEN forum to share info and not bash the fellow contributors. Hope we all get along better than some people on Shanty do.

Tight Lines,
Steve  8) 8)

Mentiply

• Crow Point, Lake George
« Reply #14 on: Mar 09, 2009, 02:53 PM »
What's happening pikefreak.I was looking into the back pages of this site. Does'nt seem like the open water guys talk as much as the shanty guys, maybe we can change that. My first season on ice shanty, it was pretty cool.

While every year this site becomes more active you are correct that there is not as much talk as on ice shanty. I think it's due to people are spending much more time outdoors and not stuck inside in front of a computer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.