FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cottage / Pre-fishin report!  (Read 1357 times)

tip-uptwo

Cottage / Pre-fishin report!
« on: Aug 13, 2006, 08:51 PM »
Drove up to the cottage after super on Friday night. Weather called for cold front that moved in eventually that called for frost and high wind ::) Our plan was to fish a few rock shoals we know for smallies Saturday, then when it warms up move to the pads for LM...

I nailed this little brute to start of the morning..

Then Anthony followed up with a nice one...

We continued catching a lot of them in the one and a half to  three and a half pound range...Today the fish preferred tubes and floating twitch baits, working them slow was the key...

On to some of the largie holes Anthony and I found last week, I felt a presence of competition.....Doh..2 others working the same shoreline of pads..on to the next spot :-/

Tossing a senko into some fallen timber, Jig Head brings this beauty into the net..We caught a few small guys on frogs and missed a few boils..I then caught a small pike dragging a tube By then we could smell the kabobs cookin' on the Q from across the lake....Mmmmmmm.....Actually, dad buzzed us on the Motorola :D

After dinner we jigged targeted a few eyes, Bill and dad decided to take it easy! I got to get dad out more often(He's a trout guy).

Nice eater size walleye...caught and missed a few that night..cold front must have something to do with it.

This morning Anthony and I got out for about an hour....the walleye and sauger were smacking Walleye Assassin grubs..white and clear/fleck..

Foot shot ::)

Kept a few more of the bigger guys for lunch..

Another great weekend at the lake..Can't wait until next Friday :D

-Andrew

Corporal Punishment

Re: Cottage / Pre-fishin report!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2006, 09:56 PM »
2 words...........Nice pics!!!!

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2006, 10:25 PM »
wow great report man. Im glad your doing so good. Those are some nice bass and walleye. You said frost! I know its coming  :o

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Pikeguy

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2006, 08:50 AM »
Great report Andrew. Some real nice fish there and some great scenery as well ;) WTG ;D

kappy

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2006, 10:45 AM »
what lake are you fishin    assume one in canada right?   nice fish 
keep it up   

tip-uptwo

« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 2006, 11:29 AM »
The Ottawa River

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com